FreeFileSync is a folder comparison and synchronization tool. It supports filters, file sizes greater than 4GB, delete-before-copy for large sync operations, and creation of batch files for automated synchronization. After compare process (by date or content) operations can be customized on a file-by-file basis. Includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Alternatively, FreeFileSync Portable is in PortableApps.com Format and automatically adjusts paths.
Languages: 23, including Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian.
Note: This program was added to the database before the author decided to go the adware route. FreeFileSync versions 6.3 and later can not be run from a portable menu or scheduling software due to a bug in the app.
||Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
Adware (includes offers for installation of 3rd party software). Source code is GPLv3.
|How to extract:
Optionally, to save space, remove .WAV files and any unneeded languages from the \Languages folder.
- Download the SETUP package and run
- Select Portable at the Prepare Installation screen, uncheck create shortcuts boxes and select a destination folder of your choice
- Uncheck offerings to install third-party software
- Select Install
- Launch FreeFileSync.exe
- Support synchronization with MTP devices (Android, iPhone, tablet, digital camera).
- Implemented file system abstraction layer.
- New database format supporting generic file ids .
- Pre-allocate disk space when writing file output stream.
- Late failure when moving multiple items to recycle bin.
- Keep UI responsive while loading/saving database file.
- Improved error reporting indicating failed item when moving to recycle bin.
- Transactional error handling when closing file streams.
- Pass correct thread id when creating Minidump (Windows).
- Fixed directory icon loading resource leak (Linux).
- Fixed RealtimeSync message provider exception safety issue (Windows).
- Avoid locking issues by creating the log file after batch synchronization.
- Fixed RealtimeSync monitoring for items beyond subfolders (Linux).
- Fall back to file extension during file icon load error.
- Show file icon by extension as temporary placeholder.
- Work around silent failure to copy file times to external drives (Linux).