FreeFileSync is a folder comparison and synchronization tool. It supports filters, file sizes greater than 4GB, delete-before-copy for large sync operations, and creation of batch files for automated synchronization. After compare process (by date or content) operations can be customized on a file-by-file basis. Includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Alternatively, FreeFileSync Portable is in PortableApps.com Format and automatically adjusts paths.
Upgrade note: A tool to convert settings from previous versions is discussed in forums.
Languages: 23, including Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian.
Note: FreeFileSync versions 6.3 and later can not be run from a portable menu or scheduling software due to a bug in the app.
||Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
Adware (includes offers for installation of 3rd party software). Source code is GPLv3.
|How to extract:
Optionally, to save space, remove .WAV files and any unneeded languages from the \Languages folder.
- Download the SETUP package and run
- Select Portable at the Prepare Installation screen, uncheck create shortcuts boxes and select a destination folder of your choice
- Uncheck offerings to install third-party software
- Select Install
- Launch FreeFileSync.exe
- Fixed crash when failing to create log file during batch run.
- Show directory traversal errors as conflict category on grid.
- Improved file filter behavior for certain edge cases when updating the database.
- Fixed crash when task scheduler ends FreeFileSync after a certain time (Windows).
- Don't show alternative folder paths if volume name is empty.
- Support silent installation for Inno Setup (Windows).
- Fixed recursive yield when minimized into notification area (Linux, OS X).
- Include ACLs when copying file and folder permissions (OS X).
- New file copy routine including extended attributes (OS X).
- Fixed failure to permanently delete directories containing symlinks.
- Copy extended attributes when creating new folders and symlinks (OS X).
- Restore process umask after creating lock file (Linux, OS X).
- Copy directory permissions by default (Linux, OS X).
- Optimized construction of merged path filters.
- Exclude items subject to traversal errors when updating the database.