FreeFileSync is a folder comparison and synchronization tool. It supports filters, file sizes greater than 4GB, delete-before-copy for large sync operations, and creation of batch files for automated synchronization. After compare process (by date or content) operations can be customized on a file-by-file basis. Includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Alternatively, FreeFileSync Portable is in PortableApps.com Format and automatically adjusts paths.
Upgrade note: A tool to convert settings from previous versions is discussed in forums.
Languages: 23, including Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian.
Note: FreeFileSync versions 6.3 and later can not be run from a portable menu or scheduling software due to a bug in the app.
||Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
Adware (includes offers for installation of 3rd party software). Source code is GPLv3.
|How to extract:
Optionally, to save space, remove .WAV files and any unneeded languages from the \Languages folder.
- Download the SETUP package and run
- Select Portable at the Prepare Installation screen, uncheck create shortcuts boxes and select a destination folder of your choice
- Uncheck offerings to install third-party software
- Select Install
- Launch FreeFileSync.exe
- Updated Recycle Bin access for Windows 10.
- New command line option "-edit" to load configuration without executing.
- Case-insensitive command line argument evaluation.
- New Explorer context menu options for ffs_gui, ffs_batch files.
- Added sync variant to folder pair info in log file.
- Don't process and log folder pair if nothing to do except writing DB file.
- Fixed liblzma.5.dylib not found during startup (OS X 10.8).
- Added version info to application bundles (OS X).
- Fixed incorrect warning when configuration contains empty folder pairs.
- Replaced misleading inotify error message "No space left on device" (Linux).
- Fixed FreeFileSync launcher blocking app folder move (OS X).
- Updated default main dialog layout.
- Fixed async error evaluation when creating volume shadow copies.
- Keep user interface responsive while creating a volume shadow copy.
- Fixed error when starting asynchronously from a batch script.
- Show progress of writing log files.
- Fixed updated file being left deleted when copying permission failed.
- New Project website: http://www.freefilesync.org/.