FreeFileSync is a folder comparison and synchronization tool. It supports filters, file sizes greater than 4GB, delete-before-copy for large sync operations, and creation of batch files for automated synchronization. After compare process (by date or content) operations can be customized on a file-by-file basis. Includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Alternatively, FreeFileSync Portable is in PortableApps.com Format and automatically adjusts paths.
Upgrade note: A tool to convert settings from previous versions is discussed in forums.
Languages: 23, including Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian.
Note: FreeFileSync versions 6.3 and later can not be run from a portable menu or scheduling software due to a bug in the app.
||Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
Adware (includes offers for installation of 3rd party software). Source code is GPLv3.
|How to extract:
Optionally, to save space, remove .WAV files and any unneeded languages from the \Languages folder.
- Download the SETUP package and run
- Select Portable at the Prepare Installation screen, uncheck create shortcuts boxes and select a destination folder of your choice
- Uncheck offerings to install third-party software
- Select Install
- Launch FreeFileSync.exe
- New "Actions" menu bar entry with basic operations.
- Fixed crash after comparison while needlessly copying traveral results.
- Support auto-updater URL redirection (Linux, OS X).
- Merged installer translations into .lng files
- Fully translated FreeFileSync context menu options and file types in Windows Explorer.
- More structured symlink handling options.
- Scroll to active selection in config list box on startup.
- Fixed delete key to remove items in config history panel (OS X).
- Fixed language file parser showing incorrect row on error.
- Fixed crash during sync due to unsupported SSE instructions (Server 2003, XP 64-bit).
- Fixed startup error due to invalid handle type.
- Always log folder pair paths even if there is nothing to sync.
- Updated translation files.