FreeFileSync is a folder comparison and synchronization tool. It supports filters, file sizes greater than 4GB, delete-before-copy for large sync operations, and creation of batch files for automated synchronization. After compare process (by date or content) operations can be customized on a file-by-file basis. Includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Alternatively, FreeFileSync Portable is in PortableApps.com Format and automatically adjusts paths.
Upgrade note: a tool to convert settings from previous versions is discussed in forums.
Languages: 23, including Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian.
||Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
GPLv3, but includes offers for installation of 3rd party software, making it adware.
|How to extract:
Optionally, to save space, remove .WAV files and any unneeded languages from the \Languages folder.
- Download the SETUP package and run
- Select Portable at the Prepare Installation screen, uncheck create shortcuts boxes and select a destination folder of your choice
- Uncheck offerings to install third-party software
- Select Install
- Launch FreeFileSync.exe
- New menu option to activate/deactivate automatic update checking
- Show status message while checking for program updates
- Faster startup times through asynchronous config file checking
- Automatically migrate configuration files to new format
- New context menu options to copy and paste filter settings
- Support file and folder names with trailing space or period characters
- Do not show superfluous scrollbars for multiple folder pairs
- Correctly show long file paths when moving to recycle bin failed (Windows Vista and later)
- Status feedback before blocking while creating a Volume Shadow Copy
- Do not show dummy texts while initializing progress dialog (OS X)
- Allow to maximize filter dialog
- New column for item count on overview panel
- Allow CTRL + C to copy selection to clipboard on overview panel
- Consider current view filter for file selection on overview panel
- Workaround silent failure to set modification times on NTFS volumes (Linux)
- Avoid main dialog flash when closing progress dialog (Linux)
- Do not show middle grid tooltip when dragging outside visible area
- Reduced file accesses when loading XML files
- Simplified structure of GlobalSettings.xml
- Allow to change default exclusion filter via GlobalSettings.xml: "DefaultExclusionFilter"
- Split filter entries over multiple rows in ffs_gui/ffs_batch XML files
- Resolved failed assert during startup (ReactOS)
- Create directory locks after one-time existence check
- Show warning when locking directory failed
- Reset main dialog layout to fix top panel default height being too small
- New help file topic "Expert Settings"
- Updated translation files