FreeFileSync is a folder comparison and synchronization tool. It supports filters, file sizes greater than 4GB, delete-before-copy for large sync operations, and creation of batch files for automated synchronization. After compare process (by date or content) operations can be customized on a file-by-file basis. Includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Alternatively, FreeFileSync Portable is in PortableApps.com Format and automatically adjusts paths.
Languages: 23, including Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian.
Note: This program was added to the database before the author decided to go the adware route. Additionally, FreeFileSync versions 6.3 and later can not be run from a portable menu or scheduling software due to a unfixed bug in the app.
||Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
Adware (includes offers for installation of 3rd party software). Source code is GPLv3.
|How to extract:
Optionally, to save space, remove .WAV files and any unneeded languages from the \Languages folder.
- Download the Windows (local and portable version) package and run
- When prompted for installation type, select Portable, uncheck the create shortcuts boxes, and select a destination folder of your choice
- Uncheck offerings to install third-party software
- Select Install
- Launch FreeFileSync.exe
- Avoid various access denied errors when synchronizing with admin rights (Windows).
- Accept Explorer drag and drop from MTP devices.
- Support showing MTP files with Explorer.
- Support opening MTP files with default application.
- Preselect active MTP folder in folder picker dialog.
- Work around file not found error when copying alternate data streams.
- Fixed access denied error when copying file times (Linux).
- Work around boost bug causing RealtimeSync to wake PC (Windows).
- Fixed naming convention "replace" for versioning.
- Skip space pre-allocation if not supported (OS X).
- Use faster space pre-allocation method (Linux).
- Transactional error handling when closing file streams.
- Fully initialize system image list for medium and large icons (Windows).
- Handle XP backwards-compatibility with 32-bit build (Windows 64-bit).
- Work around hang due to unsupported AVX2 instructions (Vista 64-bit).
- Fixed invalid argument exception during app launch (OS X).
- Fixed binary comparison checking for wrong buffer size.
- Fixed GetLogicalProcessorInformation not found startup error (Windows XP SP2).
- Support IP-based UNC paths with folder selector (Windows).
- Use standard file permissions for application bundle (OS X).
- Updated help file and added tips and tricks chapter.