FreeFileSync is a folder comparison and synchronization tool. It supports filters, file sizes greater than 4GB, delete-before-copy for large sync operations, and creation of batch files for automated synchronization. After compare process (by date or content) operations can be customized on a file-by-file basis. Includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Alternatively, FreeFileSync Portable is in PortableApps.com Format and automatically adjusts paths.
Languages: 23, including Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian.
Note: This program was added to the database before the author decided to go the adware route. Additionally, FreeFileSync versions 6.3 and later can not be run from a portable menu or scheduling software due to a unfixed bug in the app.
||Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
Adware (includes offers for installation of 3rd party software). Source code is GPLv3.
|How to extract:
Optionally, to save space, remove .WAV files and any unneeded languages from the \Languages folder.
- Download the Windows (local and portable version) package and run
- When prompted for installation type, select Portable, uncheck the create shortcuts boxes, and select a destination folder of your choice
- Uncheck offerings to install third-party software
- Select Install
- Launch FreeFileSync.exe
- Support synchronization with SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol).
- Detailed error reporting when checking folder existence.
- Synchronize MTP devices with no modification time support.
- Set focus to comparison button on startup.
- Fixed transactional stream clean up error if target file already existing.
- Fixed incomplete input stream clean up on fadvise failure (Linux).
- Consider non-native paths for direct comparison after startup.
- Revised algorithm generating folder pair display name.
- Reduced number of file accesses during versioning.
- Stricter language file consistency checking.
- Resolved crash when running Windows 7 on CPUs without SSE2.
- Improved Minidump creation handling stack overflows.
- Revised path formatting to always match native representation.
- Fixed about dialog layout for large font sizes.
- Support Minidump creation for Windows XP.
- Updated translation files.