FreeFileSync is a folder comparison and synchronization tool. It supports filters, file sizes greater than 4GB, delete-before-copy for large sync operations, and creation of batch files for automated synchronization. After compare process (by date or content) operations can be customized on a file-by-file basis. Includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Alternatively, FreeFileSync Portable is in PortableApps.com Format and automatically adjusts paths.
Upgrade note: A tool to convert settings from previous versions is discussed in forums.
Languages: 23, including Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian.
Note: FreeFileSync versions 6.3 and later can not be run from a portable menu or scheduling software due to a bug in the app.
||Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
Adware (includes offers for installation of 3rd party software). Source code is GPLv3.
|How to extract:
Optionally, to save space, remove .WAV files and any unneeded languages from the \Languages folder.
- Download the SETUP package and run
- Select Portable at the Prepare Installation screen, uncheck create shortcuts boxes and select a destination folder of your choice
- Uncheck offerings to install third-party software
- Select Install
- Launch FreeFileSync.exe
- New buttons allow changing the order of folder pairs.
- New keyboard shortcuts for rearranging folder pairs.
- Preserve comparison results when deleting a specific folder pair.
- Allow inserting new folder pairs into the middle of the list.
- Append status to log file names when warnings occur.
- Don't interrupt immediate comparison when starting a .ffs_gui file for slow devices.
- Work around wxWidgets bug eating up command keys in text boxes (Linux).
- Fixed incorrect parameter error when checking recycle bin on drive mounted with Paragon ExtFS (Windows).
- Use colon as time stamp seperator in log file names.
- Refactored basic low-level file traversal routine.
- Optimized file icon startup procedure.
- Fixed occasional failure to set modification times on Samba shares (OS X).
- Transfer creation times during file copy (OS X).
- Support copying file times with nano-second precision (OS X).