FreeFileSync is a folder comparison and synchronization tool. It supports filters, file sizes greater than 4GB, delete-before-copy for large sync operations, and creation of batch files for automated synchronization. After compare process (by date or content) operations can be customized on a file-by-file basis. Includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Alternatively, FreeFileSync Portable is in PortableApps.com Format and automatically adjusts paths.
Languages: 23, including Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian.
Note: This program was added to the database before the author decided to go the adware route. FreeFileSync versions 6.3 and later can not be run from a portable menu or scheduling software due to a bug in the app.
||Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
Adware (includes offers for installation of 3rd party software). Source code is GPLv3.
|How to extract:
Optionally, to save space, remove .WAV files and any unneeded languages from the \Languages folder.
- Download the SETUP package and run
- Select Portable at the Prepare Installation screen, uncheck create shortcuts boxes and select a destination folder of your choice
- Uncheck offerings to install third-party software
- Select Install
- Launch FreeFileSync.exe
- Revert to log file naming convention without colon character.
- Prevent endless recursion when traversing into folder on corrupt file system.
- Fixed view filter button rendering issue for RTL languages.
- Fixed grid losing far scroll positions when increasing icon sizes.
- Flush file buffers before verifying file copy.
- Update existing items when retrying failed folder traversal.
- Harmonized bitmap file loading by removing format variance.
- Fixed invalid argument error when setting file times (Linux).
- Fixed application hang when loading icon for named pipe (Linux).
- Improved file copy read-ahead performance (Linux).
- Use native file I/O for stream operations (Linux, OS X).
- Fixed file copy creating zero-sized files (OS X).
- Automatically create Minidump files during an application crash (Windows).
- Check for missing service pack to help diagnose crash (Windows 7).
- New menu item with download link after a version update.
- Work around C-function memory race condition when formatting time.
- Added Hindi language.