IrfanView is a fast and easy-to-use viewer with support for a wide variety image, audio and video formats. The program includes batch processing, creation of panoramic images, editing of multi-page TIFF files, lossless JPEG rotate/crop, and effects such as sharpen and blur. Other tools such as screen capture, scanner, slideshow, plugin support, and ability to capture icons from EXE or DLL
Alternatively, IrfanView Portable is also available and updates drive letters and handles registry keys.
Note: The "setup" version of IrfanView is adware.
||WinAll / Wine
|Writes settings to:
||Partial. There is a DLL that can be activated from the setting window but it doesn't cover everything.
Free for non-commerical use
|How to extract:
Note: Plugins adds 10 megs to the size and support for more graphics, audio, video, and more. Plugins for OCR and PDF tools are available separate download -- see thread in forums on how to enable them with portable installations.
- Download the ZIP package and extract to a folder of your choice
- Delete iv_uninstall.exe
- Optionally, download the plugins ZIP package and extract the contents to the Plugins sub folder
- Launch i_view32.exe
XnView, FastStone Image Viewer
- Metadata PlugIn ported to Unicode (EXIF/IPTC/Comment data in JPG files).
- Batch scan dialog: Scan to multipage file works also with PDF output.
- New Edit menu options: Remove or Insert strip (based on selection).
- New Blur filter: Gaussian Blur.
- New Blur filter: Fast Gaussian Blur.
- New Properties->Fullscreen option: Show blurred image sides.
- Option to show mouse coordinates (Properties->Viewing).
- New options in Histogram dialog: modeless dialog, selections, curves.
- New effect added: Vertical Shift (Effects browser dialog).
- New Thumbnails menu: Show/hide filenames text for thumbnails.
- New Image->Effects PlugIn: Film Simulation (check the PlugIns page for CLUT files download).
- New wallpaper option: Fill (Hotkey: CTRL + SHIFT + F).
- New Rename dialog option: Rename also sidecar files.
- New Print dialog option: Save settings (without printing).
- Command line option "/append" works also with PDF output.
- A BMP loading bug fixed.
- The hotkey "D" (clear screen) works also in Fullscreen/Slideshow mode.
- Loading crashes fixed in JP2 PlugIn (JPG-2000 format).
- The Luratech formats (JP2/JPM) are now Freeware (Saving and Batch mode).
- Command line: /convert accepts wildcard also for a single filename, like: i_view32.exe c:\testimg.bmp /convert=c:\tifs\*.tif => save as "testimg.tif"
- Command line: /capture=7 can contain the input rectangle, like: i_view32.exe /capture=7=(0,0,800,600)