Xenu's Link Sleuth checks websites for broken links. Verification is done on "normal" HREF links, as well as images, frames, plug-ins, backgrounds, local image maps, style sheets, scripts, and java applets. It displays a continuously updated list of URLs which you can sort by various criteria. A report can be produced at any time.
||Win95 / Win98 / WinME / WinNT / Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7
|Writes settings to:
WININET.DLL (included with Internet Explorer)
|How to extract:
Download the ZIP package and extract. Extract the installer to a folder of your choice. Delete $PLUGINSDIR folder. Launch Xenu.exe.
- check css @import statements within <STYLE>...</STYLE>
check url() elements within <STYLE>...</STYLE>
check url() element within STYLE=
- parse css files similar to <STYLE>...</STYLE>
- sort "broken page-local links" section in report
- url property dialog now resizeable
- mailto with empty rest => "mailto:", not "mailto:@".
- mailto:name%40host.com => mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- all mailto: URLs of a host with successful DNS lookup are set to "skip type"
- dito also for previously failed mailto: URLs of that successful looked up host
- light green color for "mail host ok", which replaces text "skip type" for mailto:
- renamed "maximum level" to "maximum depth"
- GraphViz only for "ok" links
- changed link counting method, now in AddUrl
- clean possible memory leaks when finishing; FreeLibrary() for DNSAPI.DLL
- changed toolbars slightly, preparations for VS2010
- for VS2010, expand application class with virtual INI functions because I hate the registry
- "#" as error (not in public release)
- DLL security: fully qualified path for LoadLibrary()
- Lower case in check for .gif, .png etc
- corrected bug in change from 25.5.2010 "set recent URL list to 100 instead of 10"
- correct bug about CCriticalSection usage for ServerMap and CharsetMap
- fix for false alert in VS2010 buffer overflow check