Registry Commander is designed to replace Windows RegEdit. It supports all 12 data types in the registry, defined in the "winnt.h" header file. The advanced search feature allows you to search part or all of the registry by keyword, size or data type. You can bookmark keys or values so that they can be accessed more quickly. You can also change the data type of a value without affecting its content.
||Win95 / Win98 / WinME / WinNT / Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7
|Writes settings to:
Application folder. A registry editor that does not use the registry. What delicious irony!
|How to extract:
Download the RAR package and extract to a folder of your choice. Launch RegCmd.exe.
- Bookmarks are now saved entirely as raw text, this makes it a lot more simple and easier to edit manually. Old bookmark files will automatically be converted. This also fixes the 256 string length limitation the old format had.
- It is now possible to copy the current path and current path URL to the clipboard from the main menu.
- Left clicking on the path header will no longer copy the path to the clipboard, but will instead show the history list.
- New option added to the configurations dialog, which lets you remember the history between sessions.
- Selected sound file now also plays after full registry export.
- The "Entire Registration Database" search scope will now only search HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_USERS. All other roots are just subkeys of these two roots.
- Search window position and filter settings are now saved between sessions.
- Each section of the search dialog now has a shortcut key associated with it.
- The type formatting for keys now supports the "%T" option, it will display the last modification time using the long date & time format. The already existing "%t" uses the short date & time format.
- Initial font setting is now defaulted to the system font instead of "Tahoma".
- The value type formatting for hex values "%h", has been added a second formatting method in the form of "%H". Lower case "%h" will format the hex values in lower case (a..f), "%H" will be upper case (A..F).
- Optimized the speed and memory usage of the hexadecimal formatting display type (%H and %h).
- Rewrote the key and value enumeration loop, both for the main window, but also for the search dialog. It should now be using less memory, and hopefully be a little faster too.
- Open and save dialogs are now using a modern style look.
- Fixed an issue with no type icon for bookmark items that were of a non standard registry data type.
- It's no longer possible to incorrectly search the current key or root while in root mode. Select specific root key or entire registration database.
- The current root handle is now stored in the "config.ini" file as a string, rather than the integer value. This makes it consistent with the rest of the program, and also makes it easier to edit manually.
- The bookmarks listview no longer flickers when items are being added during an active search.
- Added an option under the Visial tab of the configurations dialog to change the icon library used. This changes the icons used to identify each registry data type. If you create a custom ICL, feel free to send it this way.
- When the icon library loaded from the "config.ini" file does not exist, a warning is shown, and the icons are loaded internally instead. Go to the options to pick a valid icon library.
- Fixed a pointer error when saving hex value data from the edit value dialog.