AIMP is a skinnable audio player similar to Winamp that supports most audio formats, as well as Internet radio. Features include a mini-player, colorizing of individual skins, equalizer, visualizations, playlist, global hotkeys, library, and plug-ins capability. The application also includes a built-in tag editor, alarm clock, and auto-shutdown.
Alternatively, AIMP Portable is stealth and automatically adjusts paths.
||WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
For Win2K: GDIPLUS.DLL
||No. Writes to registry if run with admin rights. See this forum thread.
||Automatic relative path (eg. ..\..\personal\work.doc)
|How to extract:
Optionally, you may delete the uninstall.exe file and the temporary setup folder C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\AIMP.
- Download and run the installer, choose a folder of your choice (outside of the Program Files directory) and select Portable version
- Launch AIMP3.exe and choose Single User Mode
- Common: the "jump to file" function does not create a new process of Windows Explorer now.
- Player: Playback quality have been improved for tracker music.
- Plugins: The Analog Meter visualization is now distribute as separate plugin.
- Plugins: Last.fm - scrobbler status is now displayed at notification area icon.
- Fixed: Audio Converter - the "Move output to" option - no ability to type the ":" symbol.
- Fixed: Sound Engine - hangs while re-connecting to device.
- Fixed: Common - an edit field cannot be focused by click of right mouse button.
- Fixed: Player - shuffler queue is resets when closing the application.
- Fixed: player - track can be played twice in some cases if shuffle mode is active.
- Fixed: Tag Editor - an error occurs while reading file in the AIFF format, if file contains padding in the end of file.
- Fixed: Skin Engine - bugs with positioning of windows.
- Fixed: Plugins - few errors in API.
- Fixed: Plugins - Last.fm - scrobbler progress paints incorrectly.