AIMP is a skinnable audio player similar to Winamp that supports most audio formats, as well as Internet radio. Features include a mini-player, colorizing of individual skins, equalizer, visualizations, playlist, global hotkeys, library, and plug-ins capability. The application also includes a built-in tag editor, alarm clock, and auto-shutdown.
Alternatively, AIMP Portable is stealth and automatically adjusts paths.
||WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
For Win2K: GDIPLUS.DLL
||No. Writes to registry if run with admin rights. See this forum thread.
||Automatic relative path (eg. ..\..\personal\work.doc)
|How to extract:
Optionally, you may delete the uninstall.exe file and the temporary setup folder C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\AIMP.
- Download and run the installer, choose a folder of your choice (outside of the Program Files directory) and select Portable version
- Launch AIMP3.exe and choose Single User Mode
- Sound Engine: Options Dialog - list of supported formats is populated now on demand, not at Options Dialog initialization.
- Sound Engine: Radio capture - maximum delay before start record new track has been increased to 30 seconds.
- Sound Engine: Radio Capture - CUE sheet is now stored on the hard drive after each track.
- Sound Engine: Compatibility with Remote Desktop Assistant has been improved (for WASAPI interface).
- Playlist: an empty playlists with non-empty preimage setting will not be deleted now on closing the application.
- Playlist: Advanced search is now show last search query.
- Tag Editor: Support for non-english URLs - the URL will be automatically converted to punycode and vice versa.
- Fixed: Common - tray icon flashes during program startup.
- Fixed: Common - player is minimized to tray instead of taskbar in some cases.
- Fixed: Sound Engine - output settings are resets at some devices when opening the Options Dialog.
- Fixed: Playlist - the remove file confirmation dialog does not restore focus after closing.
- Fixed: Tag Editor - album art from ID3v2.4 tag cannot be read in some cases.
- Fixed: Tag Editor - file in FLAC format cannot be read by player, if embedded CUE has been remove via AIMP Tag Editor.
- Fixed: Plugins - The Information Line flashes on display, if it has been hidden by mouse before that.
- Fixed: Small bugs.