AIMP is a skinnable audio player similar to Winamp that supports most audio formats, as well as Internet radio. Features include a mini-player, colorizing of individual skins, equalizer, visualizations, playlist, global hotkeys, library, and plug-ins capability. The application also includes a built-in tag editor, alarm clock, and auto-shutdown.
Alternatively, AIMP Portable is stealth and automatically adjusts paths.
||WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
For Win2K: GDIPLUS.DLL
||No. Writes to registry if run with admin rights. See this forum thread.
||Automatic relative path (eg. ..\..\personal\work.doc)
|How to extract:
Optionally, you may delete the uninstall.exe file and the temporary setup folder C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\AIMP.
- Download and run the installer, choose a folder of your choice (outside of the Program Files directory) and select Portable version
- Launch AIMP3.exe and choose Single User Mode
- Fixed: Common - CUE parser does not understand commands in lower case.
- Fixed: Common - player does not determine audio tracks in the CD-Extra disk if playback has been started from autorun menu.
- Fixed: Common - interface hangs at some time when closing the Option Dialog with active "Skins" sheet.
- Fixed: Audio Converter - an error occurs when trying to export to MP3 format with following settings: Stereo, VBR.
- Fixed: Sound Engine - playback position calculates incorrectly for set.
- Fixed: Playlist - the "Default.aimppl" file is moved to the Recycle bin after each close of the application, if the "save default playlist" option is switched off.
- Fixed: Tag Editor - auto completion does not work for the "Genre" field.
- Fixed: Tag Editor - an ability of removing / applying changes to the selected tag types does not work.
- Fixed: Skin Engine - an error in playlist that leads to hide the element.
- Fixed: Skin Engine - position of main window is changed when restore it from mini-player if task bar is placed at top edge of screen.
- Fixed: Audio Library - playback in the audio library does not affects to the playback statistics.
- Fixed: Audio Library - files cannot be added to the DB via drag-n-drop operation in some cases.
- Fixed: Plugins - last.fm - some tracks scrobbles two or more times.
- Small bugs and defects were fixed.