IObit Toolbox

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
joby_toss

IObit Toolbox

#1 Post by joby_toss »

IObit Toolbox is FREE portable software that system administrators and computer geeks will take along to solve PC problems anytime and anywhere. With more than 20 dedicated tools,IObit Toolbox allows you to display/diagnose PC information, enhance PC security, optimize PC performance and repairing PC problems. In a word, it offers an easy way for PC admin to monitor and manage computers.
36 Softpedia screenshots
... still beta

guinness

Re: IObit Toolbox

#2 Post by guinness »

Have you had time to test if it is 100% Portable? I saw this application on a blog and thought it was too good to be true, with the applications that are inlcluded.

joby_toss

#3 Post by joby_toss »

I've read on multiple websites that it doesn't support 64bit systems, so no, I didn't test it and don't intend to. I also am not a big fan of these kind of all-in-one suites.

I tested only the uninstaller when it was provided as a separate app; not portable (as we like'em), not displaying 64bit apps, not nice. I don't have many things installed, though:

guinness

#4 Post by guinness »

Yeah I quite agree, I would rather have one amazing application that does what I want, rather than a bunch of applications which hardly touch the surface. That's why I like NirSoft!

Emka

#5 Post by Emka »

According to http://www.iobit.com/toolbox.html v1.1 works on x64. Has anyone tested this and if it's really portable too?

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

Emka wrote:Has anyone tested this and if it's really portable too?
I'll get to this in the next few days.

Update: The program itself is portable. I'm not sure if it leaves junk behind when running its various optimizations and cleanups. That's above my skill level to determine.

gavind

#7 Post by gavind »

I believe that they have a new version out already. I haven't gotten the chance to test this yet though. Image