youtube-dl-gui (Youtube-DLG)

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
Rudy5

youtube-dl-gui (Youtube-DLG)

#1 Post by Rudy5 »

[Mod note: the present post was deleted by its author, who replaced it with a single character; in order to minimize the damage, the original program name and homepage URL will be reposted whenever possible.

youtube-dl-gui (Youtube-DLG: https://mrs0m30n3.github.io/youtube-dl-gui/)]
Last edited by Rudy5 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

webfork

Re: youtube-dl-gui (Youtube-DLG)

#2 Post by webfork »

Gah - I wish I'd seen this over the weekend. I finally got tired of testing various tools and just used a manual process to grab a bunch of music I couldn't find elsewhere.

Still, good to know it's available for when this inevitably comes up in the future. Thanks for posting.

TP109

#3 Post by TP109 »

A pretty good tool with lot's of format options, but doesn't include every available format. It's main shortcoming is that it doesn't provide a way to add custom format commands in addition to the supplied format commands. It only allows the user to override the commands - all of them, using options--->extra. There are no built-in options for 426x240 mp4, or 640x360 mp4 for example, sizes that when available, are often much smaller than popular video frame sizes. This program does have it's uses, but it won't replace the batch file I currently use to automate downloading videos with less popular frame sizes.

Midas

#4 Post by Midas »

My test result: 1 hour and 46 minutes for downloading M4A audio from 388 entries in my personal U2B playlist. Not a bad result, methinks.

yaP launcher config:

Code: Select all

; configuration file for yaP v0.7.1.5 (http://yap.rolandtoth.hu/)
; application name: Youtube-dl-gui
; version: v0.4
; website: https://mrs0m30n3.github.io/youtube-dl-gui/

[GENERAL]
application = App\youtube-dl-gui.exe

[BEFORE]
dir = %APPDATA%\youtube-dlg :: Data\settings
dir = %USERPROFILE%\.cache :: Data\cache

Midas

#5 Post by Midas »

Rudy5 wrote: Why don't you post it to yaP thread?

There, it'll be sunk into an overly long and technical topic -- while here, it can easily be found by someone wanting to use Youtube-DLG portably...

Maybe it would make a difference there if tproli was still compiling launcher configurations to add to yaP's homepage (or to the dedicated thread here at TPFC: viewtopic.php?t=22138), which isn't the case anymore.