Trigg-menu to Stealth

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
Wolfghost

Trigg-menu to Stealth

#1 Post by Wolfghost »

Andrew can you please try to make a trigg-menu on No to Stealth like you have in comments and What's new?
To put in the path(s) where it writes settings to ?? Headline is Writes settings to:
It's much easier to know where settings are even on no stealth, because if I want to get rid of a no stealth prog, I want get it all even reg-settings !!
And yes it's much nicer look on database instead of this:

http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=464 or
http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=70

webfork

Re: Trigg-menu to Stealth

#2 Post by webfork »

Wolfghost wrote:Andrew can you please try to make a trigg-menu on No to Stealth like you have in comments
There are a lot of folks here on the site who have strong feelings about stealth status, so if there's a strong reaction, I'd say keep it as-is. Otherwise, that sounds fine to me.

Wolfghost

#3 Post by Wolfghost »

webfork wrote:There are a lot of folks here on the site who have strong feelings about stealth status, so if there's a strong reaction, I'd say keep it as-is. Otherwise, that sounds fine to me.
This is so ridiculous! :shock: I talking about software,database,changes to better view, even easier for most users.
I do not talking about folks or strong reaction, feelings or maybe a funeral to a stealth software.......whatever

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

Wolfghost wrote:This is so ridiculous! :shock: I talking about software,database,changes to better view, even easier for most users.
I do not talking about folks or strong reaction, feelings or maybe a funeral to a stealth software.......whatever
Ultimately this isn't a democracy, it's really Andrew's site and if he doesn't want to do something (and tproli doesn't want to implement it into the new design) that's sort of the end of it. Outside of that veto system, many decisions come down to community reaction and previously stealth status has been a topic of some intense reactions. It would go against the point of the site if Andrew put into effect something no one wanted.

Wolfghost

#5 Post by Wolfghost »

Yea right................never mind :wink:

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

Wolfghost wrote:Yea right................never mind :wink:
No problem -- I think it's a good idea.

Andrew Lee

#7 Post by Andrew Lee »

I am not 100% sure what you are asking.

I understand the part about moving stealth status to the top.

But what's that about "Write settings to"? Are you suggesting merging the info of "Write settings to" and "Stealth details" into one?

Perhaps a screenshot mockup or more details will be helpful.

Wolfghost

#8 Post by Wolfghost »

In database layout for Writes settings to: you can input
Application folder and registry (below common types)
e.g:
Application folder, Application folder and registry, Windows registry, None

Andrew Lee

#9 Post by Andrew Lee »

But these two are not always overlapping.

For example, even if the app does not write settings i.e. "None", it might modify the system in other ways that is not pertinent to settings, resulting in Stealth = "Yes", and needing another field to describe the changes made.