WinHTTrack is an offline browser utility. It allows you to download a website from the Internet to a local directory, building recursively all directories, getting HTML, images, and other files from the server to your computer. WinHTTrack can also update an existing mirrored site, and resume interrupted downloads.
Alternatively, X-WinHTTrack is a portable package optimized for external flash memory.
||Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
Project files. A few non-critical settings such as language, window attributes and recent file list are written to the Windows registry.
||No. HKCU\Software\WinHTTrack Website Copier, HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\WinHTTrackProject, HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\.whtt
|How to extract:
Download the no-install ZIP package and extract to a folder of your choice. The application files are located in the httrack subfolder. Launch WinHTTrack.exe.
Optional: libtest, src, and src_win can be removed to save 3.40 MB.
- Fixed: random closing of files/sockets, leading to "zip_zipWriteInFileInZip_failed" assertion, "bogus state" messages, or random garbage in downloaded files
- Fixed: libssl.dylib is now in the search list for libssl on OSX
- Fixed: bogus charset because the meta http-equiv tag is placed too far in the html page
- Fixed: incorrect \\machine\dir structure build on Windows
- Fixed: do not force a file to have an extension unless it has a known type (such as html), or a possibly known type (if delayed checks are disabled)
- Fixed: HTML 5 addition regarding "poster" attribute for the "video" tag
- Fixed: memory leaks in proxytrack.c
- Fixed: correctly set the Z flag in hts-cache/new.txt file
- Fixed: parallel patch, typo regarding ICONV_LIBS
- Fixed: memory leak in hashtable, that may lead to excessive memory consumption
- Fixed: on Windows, fixed possible DLL local injection
- Fixed: UTF-8 conversion bug on Linux that may lead to buggy filenames
- Fixed: zero-length files not being properly handled (not saved on disk, not updated)
- Fixed: serious bug that may lead to download several times the same file, and "Unexpected 412/416 error" errors
- Fixed: images in CSS were sometimes not correctly detected
- Fixed: webhttrack caused bus error on certain systems, such as Mac OSX, due to the stack size
- Fixed: bogus charset for requests when filenames have non-ascii characters
- Fixed: bogus charset on disk when filenames have non-ascii characters
- New: support for IDNA / RFC 3492 (punycode) handling