Tweak PDF

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
I am Baas

Tweak PDF

#1 Post by I am Baas »

With the freeware utility Tweak PDF, you are allowed to set the initial view preferences of a PDF document, such as whether to center window of the PDF file when opened, whether to display document title, to fit window, to hide menubar, to hide toolbar, and to hide window UI. When window UI is made hidden, a PDF file is just like a PowerPoint slide zoomed to full screen. You can even set the page mode of a PDF document, such as show PDF files in full screen mode, outlines mode, thumbnail mode, or simply without any special mode. Page Layout also comes as an option for you to tweak. PDF document properties such as title, subject, author, keywords can be modified with Tweak PDF.

You can even tweak PDF version from 1.0 to 1.5 for compatibility concerns, and shrink PDF files by setting the compression level and choosing the compression algorithm.

Supported platform: Microsoft Windows 98/98SE/ME/NT4/2000/XP/Server 2003

Download (316 KB, single .exe file)

webfork

Re: Tweak PDF

#2 Post by webfork »

User MickeyDee says: "Not Freeware. After a trial period it will not work on PDF files greater than 2MB without registration" on the entry comments.

There's nothing on the site about this, but there's clearly a "buy" button and no "personal use only" message, so I'm wondering how they add a buy incentive. Can someone verify that and if necessary switch it over to "crippleware" or something?

JohnW

#3 Post by JohnW »

I am Baas doesn't tend to make that sort of mistake.
I think the explanation is that at the time of the post the application was indeed freeware.
In partial confirmation, I came across a post with a screenshot showing the title bar as ...
Tweak PDF v1.33 (Freeware)
The current version is clearly a "Pay" product.

I am Baas

#4 Post by I am Baas »

Yes, it's no longer freeware (but it was when I posted about it). You can download V1.33 @ http://www.hiren.info/downloads/freeware-tools/12 but maybe Cornflower has the latest freeware version and we can ask Andrew to host it locally.
Cornflower wrote:Better to use the last freeware version of Tweak PDF v1.52 by CoolPDF (later versions payware) http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1492 which does the tweaking without nagging, is portable, and which, as a bonus, Compresses :!: . In other words, it does the work of both PDF Compress and PDF Info without the problems.

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

I am Baas wrote:Yes, it's no longer freeware (but it was when I posted about it). You can download V1.33 @ http://www.hiren.info/downloads/freeware-tools/12 but maybe Cornflower has the latest freeware version and we can ask Andrew to host it locally.
According to CNET, its still free but with a 2MB file size limit. I put up a note and a link to the v1.33 mirror in a note on the program entry.

Midas

#6 Post by Midas »

Topic update: Tweak PDF latest release is v3.0 and payware (no changelog).

As noted above and elsewhere, the last fully freeware Tweak PDF version appears to be 1.33.

Should TPFC's database entry be rolled back to that release from 2005, which is still available from the Way Back Machine (as recently noted by Cornflower in the comments)?

Andrew Lee

#7 Post by Andrew Lee »

I have updated the entry and made v1.33 available locally via direct download.

That is the same version that was obtained from http://www.hiren.info/downloads/freeware-tools/12.

If anyone has a more recent freeware version, please share.

Thanks!

Midas

#8 Post by Midas »

Great! 8)