HashGenerator

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
guinness

HashGenerator

#1 Post by guinness »

Tested: Portable
HashGenerator is the FREE universal hash generator tool which automates the generation of 14 different type of hashes or checksums. It support most of the popular hashes including MD5 family, SHA family, BASE64, CRC32, ROT13, RIPEMD, ALDER32, HAVAL, WHIRLPOOL etc. It can even generate hash for the file as well as text input also. User can directly enter or paste any text from clipboard and generate hash. It also supports 'Drag & Drop interface' which allows you to quickly drag files onto the tool for hash generation.
Download: http://securityxploded.com/hashgenerator.php

guinness

Re: HashGenerator

#2 Post by guinness »

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

As billon pointed out in entry comments, this program has dropped it's portable entry, replaced with a tedious and unnecessary encrypted installer format. I was able to pull something from softpedia so I've moved the link but everything from securityXploded is likely to have this stupid format.

Edit: Yep. Time to bump over a two entries. Sigh.

Edit2: Yeah the installer has no entry in the VT database (sha256 hash: 64349777d49a530391e55a0a6ecc2abccaab4b83b03f1259e7f4e9e80916f17c). I'd avoid this.

smaragdus

#4 Post by smaragdus »

All programs from SecurityXploded Inc besides overwhelmingly ugly are adware and I think there should be a poll for deletion of all their stuff from the database.