Portable software to join video and audio

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
Emka

Portable software to join video and audio

#1 Post by Emka »

I've got a video file (H.264 in MP4 container) that has got an audio track, but there are a lot of clicks and cracks. Now I've also got a flawless audio track (RAW). Is there some portable software that can replace the first by the latter audio track in the video? Can XMediaRecode do that?

SYSTEM

Re: Portable software to join video and audio

#2 Post by SYSTEM »

Emka wrote:Can XMediaRecode do that?
I think it can. Try it and see. You can also try X-Avidemux.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

Not anything I know of. XMediaRecode may work, but has given me alot of problems over time, including bad output. I tried to get it to work tonight but just hit a wall. Video2Video does a lot of cool things but doesn't appear to cover audio track replacement.

The closest thing I've got is ShotCut (not currently portable) but this user recommends mkvtoolnix (softpedia link) if you happen to be working with MKV files.

Edit: TEncode can't either.

Emka

#4 Post by Emka »

I tried it with XMediaRecode, which can do that theoretically, but it crashed all the time. I played around with different output formats and then gave up. Maybe I'll try again with the other suggestions when I have the time.

Island Boy

#5 Post by Island Boy »

Try
mkvmergeGUI
My MP4Box GUI
& Yamb

If the they don't work use besweet or behappy (READ ME ARE IN THE SUB FOLDERS)
to change your strange 6 channel .RAW audo file to a 2 channel .m4a or .ogg or somthing & try them again.