ToDoList is a hierarchical task manager that allows you to repeatedly sub-divide your tasks into more manageable pieces, which makes it ideal for IT-related projects as well as more general activities. Each task can be given a wide variety of attributes including priority, risk, color, category, and many more. Viewable in tree, list, or calendar format, and includes native XML support for custom reporting.
Created lists can be exported to a variety of formats including HTML, ICS (calendar), speadsheet, and more. Supports remote todolists and encryption for security.
||Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7 / Win8
|Writes settings to:
MSXML V3 and above (included with IE 6 and above)
"Check for update" requires administrator privileges.
||No. Registers some components in the registry.
The Eclipse Public License 1.0
|How to extract:
- Download the ZIP package and extract to a folder of your choice
- Launch ToDoList.exe
- Select language
- Select "Ini File" for where to store settings
- Select "No, thanks" for a sample tasklist
- Once you have answered the other initial settings questions and the program starts, open the Preferences menu by clicking Tools - Preferences
- Uncheck the box marked Enable use of '.tdl' as a file extension for tasklists
Optionally, delete unnecessary language files at \todolist_exe\Resources\Translations
- Fixed csv exports to use comma by default (instead of tab) if Excel is installed.
- Fixed inability to clear cost attribute value using -cs.
- Fixed inability to clear start/due/completion dates using -sd/-dd/-cd.
- Fixed inability to set dependencies with -dp.
- Fixed inability to set multiple file links using -fr.
- Fixed inability to clear file links using -fr.
- Fixed inability to deselect multiply selected items by clicking an item within the group.
- Fixed unwanted strings appearing in translation files.
- Fixed -tid bug opening a new instance when required task is not visible in active filter.
- Fixed loss of user language choice in XP.
- Fixed incorrect Task Tree splitter colour in XP.
- Fixed incorrect tooltips after changing attribute column order.
- Added -si commandline switch to produce intermediate transform file.
- Added facility to drag browser URLs directly to File Link field.
- Added option to append items via the commandline using '+'.