Visual Terrain Maker

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Wolfghost

Visual Terrain Maker

#1 Post by Wolfghost »

guinness

Re: Visual Terrain Maker

#2 Post by guinness »

Tested: Portable

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

Could someone please post to the entry how/where to get OpenGL v1.1? I imagine listing a dependency without a link or more information would be confusing to casual visitors.

Napiophelios

#4 Post by Napiophelios »

webfork wrote:Could someone please post to the entry how/where to get OpenGL v1.1? I imagine listing a dependency without a link or more information would be confusing to casual visitors.
I thought it was a standard part of XP?
(I think some people remove it with nLite or disable it)

Ruby

#5 Post by Ruby »

OpenGL
OpenGL releases are backward compatible. In general, graphics cards released after the OpenGL version release dates shown below support those version features, and all earlier features.

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

So are the requirements an OpenGL-capable graphics card? I'm not planning to use the software myself, I'm more concerned we provide clear information.

Ruby

#7 Post by Ruby »

I believe OpenGL 1.1 supports all GPU cards.
The OpenGL 1.1 libraries for Win95 can be downloaded here.
This is a self-extracting archive (not a valid PE), if executed, all files extract in the same folder as the archive (no folders).
You can rename the extension from exe to zip and then extract.
Here's the ReadMe from the archive.
There's 2 files needed glu32.dll (OpenGL Utility Library), opengl32.dll (OpenGL Client).
These files (later versions) are in my system32 folder, the ReadMe states you can put them in your app folder.
Win95 OEM released in 1996 and subsequent Windows releases contain the OpenGL libraries.

I am Baas

#8 Post by I am Baas »

All this talk about OpenGL reminded me of GLInfo.
GLinfo is a utility that gathers information about your OpenGL drivers. It lets you examine your OpenGL driver's
capabilities in detail, provides a list of all supported pixel formats, supported OpenGL extensions, and details about the
driver's implementation-specific limitations (max. texture size, stack depths, et cetera). GLInfo can also save its reports.
Download GLinfo from http://majorgeeks.com/GLInfo_d3640.html and GLinfo2 is still available at http://web.archive.org/web/200803120832 ... linfo2.zip

Both are portable.