TClock Light

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
ashghost

TClock Light

#1 Post by ashghost »

It's absolutely ridiculous that Windows doesn't allow you to customize the taskbar clock to at least show the date. I finally decided to look for a way to customize my taskbar clock (at trustworthy Download.com). I didn't even expect it to be portable.
TClock allows you to modify the clock on the taskbar in Windows. TClock Light is a simple version of TClock. I made it from TClock2ch that was made by volunteers.
It allows you to format the font and determine exactly what is displayed. You can include a line break between date and time, assign a function for dragging and dropping (recycle, copy, move...), assign functions to various mouse-clicks (show desktop, open file, turn off monitor, copy time to clipboard, etc.) , set alarms, hourly chime with a wav file ("cuckoo clock"), and more.

How to extract: Download zip file and extract to a folder of your choice. Run tclock.exe.

Writes settings to: ini file in program directory

Stealth: yes EDIT: No! :oops:

Unicode: ???

Requirements: Windows 95, 98, NT, XP, Vista
(seems to work fine for me on Vista)

Homepage
download
Screenshot
Last edited by ashghost on Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baas

#2 Post by Baas »

Writes to the registry.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kazubon\TClock

ashghost

#3 Post by ashghost »

I don't know why I assumed it was stealth :oops: . I guess I was tired. It wouldn't run under Sandboxie on either Vista or XP for me, and I didn't actually check.

However, it does save all settings to the ini file (as well as the registry), so all settings are portable, it's just not stealth :)

It also allows you to set an apparently unlimited number of alarms, which can open any program or file (with the default program), and can use relative paths.

fpelletier

#4 Post by fpelletier »

Not to diminish the value of your utility because I really like it and it certainly has value with the alarms, etc., but I thought that I would mention that if you unlock the start bar and raise it up to twice it's normal height, the clock will display the time, day, and date. I figure that you already knew that but were driven to write the app to include the alarms.

garbanzo

#5 Post by garbanzo »

might not be fully portable but it's an excellent app. i used it for about a year before i stopped using explorer shell....

webfork

Re: TClock Light

#6 Post by webfork »

Site appears to be offline, last updated in 2022 and available on Softpedia and Github:

https://github.com/MantisMountainMobile/TClock-Win10
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-E ... ight.shtml