Anymeal - Recipe Management Software

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
webfork

Anymeal - Recipe Management Software

#1 Post by webfork »

File this one under miscellaneous ...
AnyMeal is a free and open source recipe management software developed using SQLite3, Qt5, Flex, Recode, NSIS, and Googletest. It can manage a cookbook with more than 250,000 MealMaster recipes, thereby allowing to import, export, search, display, edit, and print them. AnyMeal is available for GNU/Linux and Microsoft Windows.
Comes with a 1/2 gig database of recipes. I'd normally say this is NOT what freeware is for, but I've had such amazing problems finding and using recipes online over the past year that I'm going to give this a try. Whether or not the listings end up with good food remains to be seen.

Status: I unfortunately ran into an issue while testing so I'm unclear on the status.

VT score: 5/71, probably a false positive but I'll try to retest again soon: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/e6d ... 2abc44e1c0

https://wedesoft.github.io/anymeal/
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Ho ... Meal.shtml

FileHandler

Re: Anymeal - Recipe Management Software

#2 Post by FileHandler »

The largest collection of recipes I have come across, ever. :shock: 8)
Luckily, the text itself is zoomable. The filter and category fields, however, suffer from the usual shrinkage on today's high-res screens.

joby_toss

#3 Post by joby_toss »

Some more details about the .mm (recipes) file format:
Jan Wedekind wrote:The MealMaster file format (*.MMF or *.MM file) is a popular file format for sharing recipes. MealMaster is the file format introduced by the MealMaster software developed by Episoft Systems.

The website of Episoft Systems, which provided the original MealMaster software for DOS, is not online any more. Fortunately a copy of the website is still available on the Internet Archive.

If you are looking for a MealMaster compatible recipe management software, please checkout my project AnyMeal!
Later edit: version tested 1.25, NOT portable (settings file anymeal.sqlite saved in AppData and also QtProject registry entries containing recipes file path get created).

FileHandler

#4 Post by FileHandler »

The version numbering throws me off:
I downloaded and installed AnyMeal 1.7
But the latest release on Github is 1.25 :?

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

joby_toss wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:31 pm Later edit: version tested 1.25, NOT portable (settings file anymeal.sqlite saved in AppData and also QtProject registry entries containing recipes file path get created).
Thank you the additional info and testing.