Twistpad - text editor

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

Twistpad - text editor

#1 Post by webfork »

Synopsis: A liteware text editor with some nice search and edit tools.

Steps:
1. Download portable version from here: https://www.carthagosoft.net/TwistpadDownload.php
2. Unzip and run Twistpad.exe

https://www.snapfiles.com/get/twistpad.html

Midas

Re: Twistedit - text editor

#2 Post by Midas »

Twistedit? Shouldn't it be Twistpad? :?

Impressive feature set, anyways (The only thing missing from my basic text editor requirements is ".LOG" functionality).

Only 32-bit version is freeware, 64-bit requires purchase. Also some minor lagging in my Windows 10 system.

Relevant entry from the help file:
Portable Mode

Twistpad can operate in a portable mode, not requiring installation, nor leaving traces in the host system.

A special purpose application is available for download in the Twistpad General Add-ons page

This application copies your current Twistpad version and settings installed in the local system to a custom path (usually a USB pen or external drive).

Note: Adicional add-ons and/or plug-ins may not be compatible with Twistpad in Portable mode. Refer to each plug-in documentation you pretend to use, about it's portability compatibility

webfork

Re: Twistedit - text editor

#3 Post by webfork »

Midas wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:00 am Twistedit? Shouldn't it be Twistpad? :?
Whoops! That's a new one ... I think my brain was like "Twistedit is a better name" and so that's what got posted.

hamasaki

Re: Twistpad - text editor

#4 Post by hamasaki »

lol. It still says TwistEdit in the recent forum posts, even though you edited the title.

Midas

Re: Twistpad - text editor

#5 Post by Midas »

hamasaki wrote: It still says TwistEdit in the recent forum posts, even though you edited the title.
Unless individual posters (or mod) edit them, that's how it should be... Causes no harm. 8)