Quick Access Popup

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
JnLlnd

Quick Access Popup

#1 Post by JnLlnd »

Quick Access Popup is a brand new application launcher and folder switcher for Windows 7+.

Its development represent nine months of (part-time) work based on my previous project Folders Popup. Folders Popup and Quick Access Popup should be listed as separate applications as Folders Popup will continue to be supported for Windows XP/Vista users as a distinct app with its own version numbering.

Main QAP features:
- Save thousands of clicks while browsing your favorite folders in Windows Explorer or file dialog boxes.
- Launch your most used applications, documents or web sites instantly with this easy popup menu and mouse/keyboard shortcuts manager.
- Gather related favorites in submenus.
- Assign favorites to keyboard or mouse shortcuts.
- Group favorites and launch then in one click.
- Switch to any open window or reopen in dialog boxes folders open in Explorer.
- ... and much more!

Screenshots: http://www.quickaccesspopup.com/slideshows/
Videos: http://www.quickaccesspopup.com/videos/

Thank you for supporting this new app to make it public on TPFC :-)

Ennovy

Re: Quick Access Popup

#2 Post by Ennovy »

Voted :)

joby_toss

#3 Post by joby_toss »

The app is portable, yes, and it looks great!
And you included a tool to import Folders Popup settings, which is great!

But...
1. Run at startup option should be unchecked by default in the portable version
2. Check for update option should be unchecked by default in the portable version
3. The database entry is too... "bulky", it should be polished a little (webfork, please!?)

I will definitely vote for this one, yes!

Thank you!

P.S. Wishlist: basic clipboard manager (save last X copied items - files or text - for later pasting); basic snippets support (predefined blocks of text for pasting in the active window).

JnLlnd

#4 Post by JnLlnd »

Thank you for your votes, guys! The app is already public :-)

@joby_toss: I copied your comments and suggestion on the QAP wishlist and will follow up there in the next days. Thanks!

I am Baas

#5 Post by I am Baas »

joby_toss wrote:But...
1. Run at startup option should be unchecked by default in the portable version
2. Check for update option should be unchecked by default in the portable version
3. The database entry is too... "bulky", it should be polished a little (webfork, please!?).
Done, now need a better screenshot.

JnLlnd

#6 Post by JnLlnd »

Thanks for cleaning the entry. I'll update it when the portable version is updated with previous comments.
I am Baas wrote:Done, now need a better screenshot.
What would you prefer as screenshot?

joby_toss

#7 Post by joby_toss »

JnLlnd wrote:@joby_toss: I copied your comments and suggestion on the QAP wishlist and will follow up there in the next days.
I'm also facing a small issue: I'm a "mouse only" guy and Middle Click hotkey to show the menu interferes with my internet browser (close tab, open link in new tab) and my files browser (open folder in new tab), so QAP is stealing it from those apps.
Would it be possible to combine 2 mouse buttons to show the menu (e.g. Middle Click while Right Button is pressed) ?
Thank you!

@Baas: Thank you for editing the entry!

JnLlnd

#8 Post by JnLlnd »

joby_toss wrote:Wishlist: basic clipboard manager (save last X copied items - files or text - for later pasting); basic snippets support (predefined blocks of text for pasting in the active window).
Added to the wishlist. Open for voting!

http://www.quickaccesspopup.com/clipboa ... t-x-clips/
http://www.quickaccesspopup.com/text-sn ... ve-window/

JnLlnd

#9 Post by JnLlnd »

joby_toss wrote:I'm also facing a small issue: I'm a "mouse only" guy and Middle Click hotkey to show the menu interferes with my internet browser (close tab, open link in new tab) and my files browser (open folder in new tab), so QAP is stealing it from those apps.
Would it be possible to combine 2 mouse buttons to show the menu (e.g. Middle Click while Right Button is pressed) ?
Thank you!
And this one with my comment in the wish page:
http://www.quickaccesspopup.com/wishlis ... -the-menu/

JnLlnd

#10 Post by JnLlnd »

http://www.quickaccesspopup.com/support/#comment-1407

Version: 7.0.4 (2016-02-03)
– “Run at startup” and “check for updates” options enabled by default only when using the setup install mode (not enabled in portable install mode to make QAP fully compliant with The Portable Freeware Collection)

I removed the comment in the "Stealth" field. Thanks for pointing this.

joby_toss

#11 Post by joby_toss »

Another small issue regarding the portable version: the downloaded .zip file includes the file "QAPconnect.ini" with default settings so you might overwrite your custom settings file by mistake (when manual updating).
I don't know how this can be addressed the easiest way... just something to be aware of 'till then.

JnLlnd

#12 Post by JnLlnd »

joby_toss wrote:Another small issue regarding the portable version: the downloaded .zip file includes the file "QAPconnect.ini" with default settings so you might overwrite your custom settings file by mistake (when manual updating).
I don't know how this can be addressed the easiest way... just something to be aware of 'till then.
Hum. That's the kind of thing a setup program can help with. In portable mode, the unzip should normally prevent overwriting, isn't it? Open for suggestions if you have an idea.

Ennovy

#13 Post by Ennovy »

JnLlnd wrote:
joby_toss wrote:Another small issue regarding the portable version: the downloaded .zip file includes the file "QAPconnect.ini" with default settings so you might overwrite your custom settings file by mistake (when manual updating).
Hum. That's the kind of thing a setup program can help with. In portable mode, the unzip should normally prevent overwriting, isn't it? Open for suggestions if you have an idea.
The portable package can contain a "config_default.ini" and when you start the software it checks for a file "config.ini".
If it doesn't exist it creates the file from "config_default.ini".
In this case the file with your settings will never be overwritten when you update the folder with a new release.

It's not my idea, but that's how Mouser does it (donationcoder.com) ;)

JnLlnd

#14 Post by JnLlnd »

Ennovy wrote:The portable package can contain a "config_default.ini" and when you start the software it checks for a file "config.ini".
If it doesn't exist it creates the file from "config_default.ini".
In this case the file with your settings will never be overwritten when you update the folder with a new release.
Good idea. Added to the wishlist (http://www.quickaccesspopup.com/distrib ... mized-one/).

Thanks.

webfork

#15 Post by webfork »

I did an entry edit to crop the screenshot (as I think Baas was suggesting) and moved some of the categories from primary into secondary. I don't think this fits into the System - Keyboard/Mouse category so I cut that, but I'm not 100% sure "Desktop Organization" is the right primary category. I'll come back to this.