SigcheckGUI - file information and hashing

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
TP109

Re: SigcheckGUI

#31 Post by TP109 »

skwire wrote:I just posted v1.1.2 which has the requested filesize and modified date columns.
That was fast.

Thanks skwire

smaragdus

#32 Post by smaragdus »

@skwire
I just posted v1.1.2 which has the requested filesize and modified date columns.
Thanks for version 1.1.2:

Name: SigcheckGUI.zip
File Size: 500021 Byte(s) (488.30 KB)
Modified Date: 2016-09-03 14:31
MD5: c22d11c42a5f0e11b7d1a4285df618fc
SHA1: cdcdc7f472b6e68e4554e507b3bed1b4b7e19cd3
SHA256: 77827798c95a6e37cce7609dbec8aaca3da3ed5e5681a23c6eb416bf9f16126d
CRC32: 878bc96f

but in contrast with previous versions the archive does not include sigcheck.exe. I this an omission or it is not included purposely?

And a question- has anyone ever suggested shell integration (right-click- "Open with SigcheckGUI)?

SYSTEM

#33 Post by SYSTEM »

webfork wrote:
TP109 wrote:Goes to show that these apps are not 100% compatible.
That's probably by design both on the LibreOffice and Microsoft side. For LibreOffice, they might want to skip out on security issues.
No, The Document Foundation is aiming for full VBA compatibility. The only reason why VBA macros aren't fully supported is simply that supporting VBA is such a massive task. (This is a great example of Microsoft's "Embrace, Extend, Extinguish" tactic - likely one purpose of VBA was to make their document formats almost impossible for competitors to support fully.)
skwire wrote:I just posted v1.1.2 which has the requested filesize and modified date columns.
Website | Download
v1.1.2 - 2016-09-03
+ Added file size (KB) and last modified datetime columns. (Thanks, tp109)
+ Added sorting arrows to the columns. (Thanks, telealex)
Thank you. I updated the database entry. :)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

TP109

#34 Post by TP109 »

webfork wrote: That's probably by design both on the LibreOffice and Microsoft side. For LibreOffice, they might want to skip out on security issues. Microsoft meanwhile has an ongoing practice of breaking it's own specs in order to resist other programs' integration of it's technology. I wouldn't be surprised if the same were being applied to VBA, which is already a closed protocol.
SYSTEM wrote: No, The Document Foundation is aiming for full VBA compatibility. The only reason why VBA macros aren't fully supported is simply that supporting VBA is such a massive task. (This is a great example of Microsoft's "Embrace, Extend, Extinguish" tactic - likely one purpose of VBA was to make their document formats almost impossible for competitors to support fully.)
Interesting. Pretty much a real-life example what has been said about MS tactics.

TP109

#35 Post by TP109 »

Uploaded v2.22 to the link below:
http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=ge ... 8ea123db3c

Updated the spreadsheet to v2.22. These are the changes:
  • Added file size and modified date from updated SigCheckGUI v1.1.2
    Cleaned up formatting
    Tested and confirmed working with LibreOffice Calc v5. Confirmed not compatible with OO Calc
    Added VirusTotal Hyperlink on output sheet. Previous Hyperlink didn't work from inside spreadsheet although it copied correctly
The above changelog was also added to the bottom of the first sheet in the workbook.

I confirmed that this version and the previous one doesn't work with the newest version of OO Calc. Even a lot of simple VBA I tried doesn't run on OO Calc, and the formatting changes quite a bit too. I tested it with the newest version of LibreOffice Calc and it works. And it should be OK on all versions of Excel.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Almost forgot. As before, to update the button to open SigCheckGUI on your system:
1. click Tools-->Macro-->Visual Basic Editor or ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.
2. Double-click Module4 under VBAProject (sigcheckgui-formatting_v2.21.xls) to open the editor window.
3. Change the path in Shell ("F:\Utilities\SigcheckGUI\SigcheckGUI.exe") to the SigCheckGUI.exe path for your system.
4. Click File-->Save or CNTL + S
5. Click File-->Close and Return to Microsoft Excel
5. The button should be ready to use
Last edited by TP109 on Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

skwire

#36 Post by skwire »

smaragdus wrote:@skwire
but in contrast with previous versions the archive does not include sigcheck.exe. I this an omission or it is not included purposely?
On purpose. Please read the second question and answer here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sys ... s/bb847944

TP109

#37 Post by TP109 »

skwire wrote:
smaragdus wrote:@skwire
On purpose. Please read the second question and answer here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sys ... s/bb847944
Probably a good thing, at least for XP users. The newest SigCheck only works with Vista and higher.

__philippe

#38 Post by __philippe »

TP109 wrote:Probably a good thing, at least for XP users. The newest SigCheck only works with Vista and higher.
Thanks for the timely reminder.

Note that Sysinternal's SigCheck v2.3 was the last version working under XP.
From v2.4 on, SigCheck requires Vista, Win7 or higher.

smaragdus

#39 Post by smaragdus »

@__philippe
Note that Sysinternal's SigCheck v2.3 was the last version working under XP.
From v2.4 on, SigCheck requires Vista, Win7 or higher.
Thank you for providing this useful information. I was about to ask since I have an old XP machine. Are there any other sources for downloading of old versions of SigcheckGUI thank the Internet Archive?

skwire

#40 Post by skwire »

smaragdus wrote: Are there any other sources for downloading of old versions of SigcheckGUI thank the Internet Archive?
I have local versions of 2.1, 2.20, and 2.30 if you need them.

__philippe

#41 Post by __philippe »

@smaragdus,

As kindly offered by skwire above, for older versions of the full SigCheckGUI package,
your best bet would be to contact directly http://skwire.dcmembers.com/fp/contact.php

Alternatively, if you are merely looking for the last XP-friendly Sysinternals SigCheck v2.3 engine,
(which, presumably, should work with any recent versions of the SigCheckGUI front-end),
just drop me your email address via PM.

billon

#42 Post by billon »

@skwire:

Can you make that SigcheckGUI can also look for sigcheck64.exe, not just to sigcheck.exe (in case of 64-bit OS) so you don't need to rename it?
Or may be make in options to choose custom destination of sigheck and independently of it's name?
Also make "Info box" re-sizable and expandable.
Also make "Auto size columns to it's content" option
Last edited by billon on Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TP109

#43 Post by TP109 »

Updated to v2.23 and uploaded to the link below:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 9158340822

v2.23
Saves last used data to front sheet under Last Used File Data
To work in Excel, check the Iteration check box in Tools-> Options->Calculation tab. For LibreCalc5 Tools->Options->LibreOffice Calc->Calculate and check the Iterations box.

To update the button to open SigCheckGUI on your system:
1. click Tools-->Macro-->Visual Basic Editor or ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.
2. Double-click Module4 under VBAProject (sigcheckgui-formatting_v2.21.xls) to open the editor window.
3. Change the path in Shell ("F:\Utilities\SigcheckGUI\SigcheckGUI.exe") to the SigCheckGUI.exe path for your system.
4. Click File-->Save or CNTL + S
5. Click File-->Close and Return to Microsoft Excel
6. The button should be ready to use
Last edited by TP109 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

webfork

#44 Post by webfork »

I've made updates to both of the "SigcheckGUI formatting" spreadsheets. I'm going to give them different names just because v.1 and v.2 is getting confusing.
  • Heavy - macros, lots of features, requires LibreOffice or MS Office
  • Lite - can view in most spreadsheet programs
Changes:

Heavy:
* Lots of format changes, notes about macro tools

Lite:
* More rows for multiple file checks

webfork

#45 Post by webfork »

SigcheckGUI feature request: could we get the program to output the URL even when there's not an internet connection? Ultimately it's just this format:
Example output (Splat):
---

Current behavior: if you don't have a net connection, it just lists "N/A".