TakeOwnerShip Pro

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Checker

Re: TakeOwnerShip Pro

#16 Post by Checker »

I changed the 'How to extract' and updated the entry to v1.5 :wink:

webfork

#17 Post by webfork »

Checker wrote:I changed the 'How to extract' and updated the entry to v1.5 :wink:
Cool, thanks

webfork

#18 Post by webfork »

I've tested out TakeOwnership vs. Unlocker on a few files that got mysteriously locked by the system and found Unlocker worked a lot better. I'd definitely still like to have both on my system but Unlocker first, then TakeOwnership, then of course FileASSASAIN.

joby_toss

#19 Post by joby_toss »

TakeOwnership doesn't unlock files that are in use and Unlocker doesn't allow the user to change files permissions, so both are needed in the toolbox. Or am I mistaken?

webfork

#20 Post by webfork »

joby_toss wrote:TakeOwnership doesn't unlock files that are in use and Unlocker doesn't allow the user to change files permissions, so both are needed in the toolbox. Or am I mistaken?
Unknown -- I don't know how to modify Windows permissions on a given file to test this effectively. I'll try to post back on here with that topic if it comes up again.