why not separate linux/windows section in the submission sec

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
panting portable

why not separate linux/windows section in the submission sec

#1 Post by panting portable »

When you go to the portable freeware submission section you have no way of knowing which apps are ony 4 windows or linux etc. seems crazy not to have a separate Linux section.
I cant spend all day looking clicking on the threads only to find out the app is windows only etc. !!!

I am Baas

Re: why not separate linux/windows section in the submission

#2 Post by I am Baas »

panting portable wrote:I cant spend all day looking clicking on the threads only to find out the app is windows only etc. !!!
:twisted:
Note to self: keep calm, self-restraint, let webfork / Midas etc. reply.

Midas

#3 Post by Midas »

I am Baas wrote: :twisted:
Note to self: keep calm, self-restraint, let webfork / Midas etc. reply.
    • :lol:

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

panting portable wrote:seems crazy not to have a separate Linux section.
Mainly because there really aren't that many Linux programs here on the site and those that are here aren't tested for portability, just compatibility. If it expands or start seeing a spike there, that would be worthwhile. It's sort of a chicken-vs-egg thing: if we don't have the user-base who's interested in Linux, there's not much reason to test for Linux. Likewise, without testing for Linux we don't attract a user-base.

For me personally, other Linux pushes here on the site went largely unnoticed so I really haven't made many moves in this direction.
I am Baas wrote:Note to self: keep calm, self-restraint, let webfork / Midas etc. reply.
hehehe