Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 am
- Location: Sol3
Universal Silent Switch Finder
for short) is a small utility that may be of interesting to some. It's portable but not stealth, since it relies on an embedded PEiD
to identify the installers, which creates (and leaves behind) a registry key at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PEiD
Universal Silent Switch Finder is a compact utility designed to help you find the silent switch in the applications that you want to install. If you want to deploy software without the user intervention you can use this tool in order to run the installer silently.
homepage (supposedly located at http://www.wpiw.net/
) only mentions another utility called Windows Post-Install Wizard
... Luckily, USSF
's latest version (v188.8.131.52) can be downloaded from Softpedia: http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Lau ... nder.shtml
For a rather basic yaP
launcher INI for USSF
, check: http://pastebin.com/8MZDv0Ar
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:19 am
- Location: Helsinki, Finland
- Posts: 1172
- Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:14 am
- Location: Hungary
Thanks for the submission and the launcher config. Here are my observations:
- on Win7 USSF seems not working without admin rights. Only "work in progress" status is displayed when loading an executable and the application needs to killed.
- leaves four* files behind in %TEMP% after an executable is analyzed. See them in "yaP style"
Code: Select all
- "delempty=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PEiD" is unnecessary because the previous line handles this registry key.
*The number of leftover exe files may be more, based on which unpacker is needed for extracting an application (at least seems so)
I am Baas
- Posts: 4148
- Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:51 am
tproli wrote:- on Win7 USSF seems not working without admin rights. Only "work in progress" status is displayed when loading an executable and the application needs to killed.
Did not experience that under W7.64 (sandboxed)
Idea is nice but many installers are unsupported.