Ceedo, Hopedot, Prayaya thread

Discuss anything related to portable commercial apps here.
chilesdog2

Prayaya v3 and ceedo,then are seem cool

#16 Post by chilesdog2 »

I'm a Flash Drive user and have several usb drives with the pottable apps.I find the some of them to be a pain in the backside. I've removed it from several drives already.
I'll be interested to see where this thread goes and what can be done with Ceedo or prayaya.
How much is Ceedo and how much of prayaya v3?

livebird

portable applications collection,but not free

#17 Post by livebird »

What is Portable virtual desktop
A portable application, or portable app for short, is a software program that does not require any kind of formal installation onto a computer's permanent storage device to be executed, and can be stored on a removable storage device such as a USB flash drive, flash card,CD-ROM, or even a floppy disk, enabling it to be used on multiple computers. The concept of carrying one's favored applications, utilities, and files on a portable drive for use on any computer is one which has evolved considerably in recent years.
To be considered portable, for purpose of this list, a software program must:
Not require any kind of formal installation onto a computer's permanent storage device to be executed, and can be stored on a removable storage device such as USB flash drive, enabling it to be used on a different operating system ,processing platform, or another computer with different hardware.
Settings, favored applications, utilities, and files are stored with, and can be carried around with, the software (i.e., they are written to the USB drive).
If the registry is used to store settings, the application's configuration isn't portable, and must be set up on every PC it is used on
Leaves none (or near-zero) "footprint" on any PC it's run on after being used. i.e.,o.e., All temporary files/registry settings should be removed once the program has exited, and files created by the user can be saved directly to the same removable media as the application is stored on.

Application launchers

rayaya v3 individual
Carry your data files,settings and applications (such as Outlook, Mozilla Firefox, MSN) on a USB storage device or iPod.Run them on any PC - at home or at work.keeps your personal information at your fingertips.

Ceedo personal
Create your own portable personal virtual workspace on portable storage devices. Download applications from the Programs Directory or install your own.

Mojopa freedom
Carry data files and your applications (such as Outlook, games, IMs) on a USB storage device or iPod. Run them on any PC - at home or at work. Don't lug your laptop around.

Usage

Prayaya v3 individual

After you creating your Prayaya V3 Smart USB Drive, using it is just like using your Windows XP PC

Connect

Connect / Plug your USB flash drive with the Prayaya V3 into the USB port of any 2000+SP4 Windows PC. The Prayaya V3 can be auto run when the Windows open.

No AutoPlay
If Prayaya V3 can not be auto run within the 10 seconds after you connect your device to PC, go to “My Computer” and double click on the portable device associated with your Prayaya V3. It opens the Prayaya V3 device folder so you can view the contents. Double click on the Prayaya V3 autorun.exe shortcut in this folder to launch Prayaya V3.

Login
If having the Serial Number for Prayaya V3, please input the Serial Number and some profile information for using with getting rights grand. Of Course, You must remember this information for restoration. You can see the main window of Prayaya V3 after loading some configuration information.

Experience
Prayaya V3 device USB flash driver works just like a PC running the Microsoft Windows NT+SP4 operating system. Your applications, data, and user preferences will be stored on your Prayaya Smart Drive when you run software applications from the Prayaya V3. Plug your Prayaya V3 USB flash driver into any host PC and be presented with your personal applications, files and environment. This is crazy for the man who used for mobile office.

Installing applications

In your Prayaya V3, installing applications is very easy, just like installing win32 applications on any PC. You can visit the web site: Http://download.prayaya.com to download the official software which is available for the Prayaya V3. In fact, for your Prayaya V3 USB flash drive, you can insert some free software on the Prayaya V3 platform. Many soft ware on the Prayaya V3 are independent. So you must be sure that the applications installed in the right place on your Prayaya V3 device which is just like the following path: "D:Prayaya V3SoftwareProgram Files”. Most Windows applications currently work in the Prayaya V3 software which with the exception of special classes of applications such as certain Antivirus software that require kernel mode drivers. And the Prayaya V3 is the only one who can support Windows Live Messenger (MSN) on the removable disk. You can freely visit on the host resource without exiting the Prayaya V3. So you can take any PC as your PC

Ceedo Personal

From your home or office PC, easily install Ceedo Personal and your favorite programs on your personal storage device. Plug in your Ceedo-enabled device to the USB port of any Windows PC, anywhere. Ceedo Personal automatically starts, giving you access to your personal programs and data.
Your applications run from your portable drive, based on your personal language and preferences, using resources from the host PC (screen, processing power, drives, internet connection, printers, etc.).
When you’ve finished working, Ceedo Personal saves your work and application settings on the storage device, ready for use at your next destination. Once you remove your USB device, no trace of your work is left behind on the host PC.
The end result – your personal desktop, with your programs, your data, and your settings, goes wherever you go!

Mojopac freedom

Your experience using Mojopac is exactly as if you are using an ultra portable PC (your MojoPac device) and docking it to a computer (the Host PC you are plugged into).

Your MojoPac PC is running from your portable device, but it is borrowing the resources (screen, processor, CD/DVD drives, internet connection, printers, etc.) of the Host PC. In other words, MojoPac is your real PC (your applications, settings, data), and any computer it is connected to is being used as a utility to run MojoPac.

Creating a MojoPac PC: Creating a brand new MojoPac PC takes less than 3 minutes.

Plug your portable storage device (such as an iPod or a USB Flash or Hard Drive) into any Windows XP PC. Download MojoPac from our website and install it onto the device.

Once you have installed MojoPac, you can log into this MojoPac PC you created (which is running from your portable device), and bring up your newly created MojoPac desktop (MojoView). What you see is similar to a brand new Windows XP PC, and behaves exactly the same.

You can now install your applications from MojoView. The applications installed in the MojoView will be available for you on any PC you would connect and run MojoPac.

Prayaya v3 individual
Ceedo personal
Mojopac freedom

ashghost

#18 Post by ashghost »

This belongs in the Portable Payware Discussion forum.

Also, see these three threads:

http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... ht=prayaya

Oh, wait, since two of those were started by you, livebird, and these are your only three posts, I guess this is just SPAM.

livebird

Try prayaya v3

#19 Post by livebird »

Try prayaya v3

Napiophelios

Re: mojopac vs ceedo

#20 Post by Napiophelios »

:shock: What the heck is Prayaya...an interface for an online OS?
6mb virtual OS,its gotta be stored online right?
It looks like Vista or Win7.

What do you mean "most of my favorite programs were available"?
Do you have to select from their selection of apps (are they free to use)?
The site makes it sound like you can just install your own software.

Sounds like a pay version of EyeOS

webfork

#21 Post by webfork »

> prayaya

Looks like a U3 competitor - so much so they've named it "V3".

Napiophelios

#22 Post by Napiophelios »

:shock: Wow what happened to that guy's post...looks like I am talking to myself up there :roll:
Must be a Prayaya V3 spam attack :twisted:

Rex2010 wrote:well. you can try Prayaya V3, a virtual system installed on your flash stick, it supports all software installation. treat it just as an portable windows os.
livebird wrote:Try prayaya v3

Rex2010

#23 Post by Rex2010 »

sorry i dont know livebird. i am saying that because i am trying that software right now. and it turns out to be very nice, i have tried ceedo, mojopac and portableapps.......i am addicted to it.

by "all software available to you", i think they mean that, from my expeirice, you can install any software on it. no matter it has a portable version or not.

as for costs of software, just like windows software, you find one free, then it is free, you can not find a free one, then buy it. this is the rule.

good luck, every one. hope i am not attacking you. :wink:

webfork

#24 Post by webfork »

karenna wrote:Hopedot VOS
Its commercial / trialware.

Got a "Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL" error msg when I clicked "more info" so no clue if there's an exception for home/edu use.

I am Baas

#25 Post by I am Baas »

@moderator

Post by karenna is SPAM. Please remove / delete account.

lautrepay

#26 Post by lautrepay »

I am Baas wrote:@moderator

Post by karenna is SPAM. Please remove / delete account.
Qft.

wonduhlucky2

How Ceedo, Hopedot VOS and Prayaya V3 differ from each other

#27 Post by wonduhlucky2 »

I found a blog article about virtualization software and want to share here with everyone :lol: :

After I found out a new portable launcher—Hopedot VOS, I suddenly realize that there have been quite a number of portable launchers in the market, e.g., PortableApps, Ceedo, Prayaya V3 and other less famous softwares. Each product has its own highlight and competitive advantage. To choose the right one, we not only need to list out the pros and cons of all portable launchers. But most importantly, we have to know our actual demand and requirements, not just what the products can do for us.

Along with the release of more and more free portable applications, it is obvious that the demand of people’s requiring a portable and convenient PC workspace anywhere is growing rapidly. A USB drive equipped with all kinds of portable applications, beyond doubt, saves us a lot of troubles, like carrying around heavy laptops on business travel, waiting for the reinstallation after system breakdown, or getting upset for no games to play on grandpa’s computer. However, that is far away from our expectation of running all the personalized PC stuffs on any computers we access to. To put it simply, we want the USB drive to generate an operating system the same as any Windows OS (like Hopedot VOS and Prayaya V3 do), and then we can do things exactly the same as on our personal computer.

When I decided to draw the following table to compare PortableApps, Hopedot VOS, Ceedo and Prayaya V3 in the following aspects, I’m not trying to define which one is the best. In fact, I personally appreciate them a lot for the convenience brought to my PC life and satisfy my different needs respectively. The table is mainly a reference for those who want to know more about these four launchers to meet their demand.

From the above comparison, we can see that PortableApps basically focus on portables applications on USB drives. Its platform has published a large number of freeware portables apps. The software is free to download as well. Maybe, for most of people, the simpler, the better.

Hopedot VOS has nearly all the features I think about, except that both the Standard Edition and Security Edition don’t support to run on computers controlled by administrative rights. I have tried to email Hopedot company and got the feedback that they can customize a new version to work under no administrative rights if needed. I like its desktop interface like Windows OS and easy-to-manage toolbar the most.

Ceedo is good enough if it can be installed in the local hard drive of the host computer as Hopedot VOS and Prayaya V3 do. It’s expensive but I should say it is worth the money.

Although it’s great that Prayaya is free now, I also notice a little difference between the free version and the previous purchased version. Prayaya’s toolbar has become very simple, only retain the “switch” button to switch back and forth between two Prayaya’s system and the host system. That’s why we can’t lock the screen or change to small window mode now.

In general, each portable launcher is not perfect. We will never know which one is the best fit for our needs if we don’t try. PortableApps and Prayaya are free. Hopedot VOS’s trial versions are free to download as well. It allows users to try 100 times and all the features are fully functional. It’s a pity that Ceedo doesn’t provide free download.

[Moderator note: link removed - spam.]
Last edited by webfork on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: [confirmed spam blog]

freakazoid

Re: How Ceedo, Hopedot VOS and Prayaya V3 differ from each o

#28 Post by freakazoid »

Thanks for posting.

Wasn't aware of a few of those virtualization apps.

The blog author notes that the PA.com platform and Prayaya v3 are free and the rest are not.

I might give Prayaya a try.
is it stealth? ;)

JohnTHaller

#29 Post by JohnTHaller »

For the curious, this is a spam blog. Hopedot VOS is run by the same people as Prayaya and this is the way they 'advertise'. The portable-launcher.blogspot.com is linked to and run by the website Hopedot VOS. Much of the information is blatantly false within their posts including their comparison charts. They just 'compare' their products to popular ones (PortableApps.com, Ceedo, etc) in an attempt to get some traffic. And, incredibly, their products always come out on top. And then create spam accounts on popular sites like PortableFreeware to spam about their blog to drive traffic to their product. Prayaya has done this for years and has been deleted for doing it here. It's just them doing it again with a new name.
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

freakazoid

#30 Post by freakazoid »

Yeah, I kinda noticed it was a spam blog. Check the other articles and the footer for examples. But, like I said, I wasn't aware of some of those apps.
is it stealth? ;)