jPortable edit

Submit updates of portable freeware that are already listed in the database.
webfork

jPortable edit

#1 Post by webfork »

I've modified the entry quite a bit and wanted to make sure everybody was okay with this:

Essentially, we were listing the full (legal) names of the various different programs:
... or automatically with Java-enabled apps like OpenOffice.org Portable and LibreOffice Portable as well as web browsers like Google Chrome Portable, Opera, Portable Edition, SeaMonkey Portable and Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition.
Changes:
  • As the word "Portable" was getting a bit redundant (6x in the bit above, 10x in the whole entry), I took that out and replaced it with "PortableApps.com versions"
  • Took out the word Google and Mozilla, since most people informally say "Chrome" and "Firefox"
  • Added Chromium in addition to Chrome
... or automatically with Java-enabled apps like PortableApps.com versions of LibreOffice and OpenOffice as well as web browsers like Chrome/Chromium, Opera, SeaMonkey and Firefox.
As OpenOffice doesn't appear to be going anywhere, I put LibreOffice first and replaced mentions of OpenOffice in the extract instructions.

This is supposed to better and clearer, but if its not or there's something else going on here, I'll switch it back.