Advanced Windows Care 2 Personal

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
trpplayer79

Advanced Windows Care 2 Personal

#1 Post by trpplayer79 »

Dear,

Advanced WindowsCare 2 (from iobit) is an system optimalisation software. it is free for personal use.
They only give it as install software.
but I've tryed unzipping the setup file with universal Extractor.
and this seems to work without aany problem.

you can find the software on http://www.iobit.com.

greetz

Trpplayer

AlephX

#2 Post by AlephX »

If portable, this can be a good catch! 8)

I can´t test it now (as portable), but I can say that it´s a quite interesting aplication, even if a bit controversial. Indeed the previous releases (1.xx) were disliked by many, as "not very transparent" for advanced users. Anyway the second release (2.xx) has been quite improved from this point of view.

The application modifies the registry, so you have to be careful. It´s not a "portable user" app, but instead a "nice" tool to "repair" problematic PCs. The power user will dislike it anyway, while the "common" user will find it very handy.

I used it once, when a PC got problems in handling the wireless card driver. It worked good, but I could not understand what happened. Anyway, as I wrote previously, the opinions about this aplication can be very different.

In few words: if this program is portable, I will place it on my USB key, in case of emergency...

trpplayer79

#3 Post by trpplayer79 »

It seems that most people don't like this software including the site admins.

@Alephx: I used ones the version 1.XX. This version was like you said not an transparent software for advanced users.
I have placed it on my USB stick.

AlephX

#4 Post by AlephX »

trpplayer79 wrote:It seems that most people don't like this software including the site admins.

@Alephx: I used ones the version 1.XX. This version was like you said not an transparent software for advanced users.
I have placed it on my USB stick.
Naaah! You have to think that they have a lot to do and even a private life too... in the forum it can happen that a bunch of entries sink down, specially when there are many untested submissions... and the moderators are hunters too, and bring new programs too :)

Sometimes I visit the site after three days and find 25 new apps... :shock:

I hope to test it very soon!

AlephX

#5 Post by AlephX »

Tested with Regshot:

results: at the first run it marks its territory with more than 30 entries in the registry. The second run is regular.

Normally this app had to be rejected, but it is intended as a tool for administrators or IT support and maybe it can be included in the Database.

AlephX

#6 Post by AlephX »

I forgot it:

Run: Awc.exe
Install: uniextract and copy/rename the folder {app} with all its content
Space: +8 MB

gavind

Re: Advanced Windows Care 2 Personal

#7 Post by gavind »

Has anyone tried the steps given above yet? I was just wondering on how this worked out. Image