Twitter

Any other tech-related topics
joby_toss

Twitter

#1 Post by joby_toss »

Another funny one: I got today, Oct. 1st, an e-mail with updated TOS for Twitter, saying that by using their services on or after September 30, 2016, I agree to the revisions. :)
Twitter wrote:Update to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
As we continue to improve Twitter's products and features, we've also been working on improving our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Our Terms of Service are now easier to read and better organized, which should help users worldwide. Our Privacy Policy has been updated to include a section on the EU-US Privacy Shield program. In addition, we've updated and clarified how various services have changed over time. For example, we've included adding additional information on non-public communications, using multiple accounts, logged out access, and our advertising services. Feel free to learn more about this in the Help Center.

Please take a moment to read our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, and keep in mind that by using our services on or after September 30, 2016, you agree to the revisions.
Thanks for using Twitter.

- Twitter

webfork

Re: Twitter

#2 Post by webfork »

> I agree to the revisions

I think that's pretty standard. It replaces that "I agree" checkbox for various services, meaning if you don't like the terms, you have to quit Twitter.

That said, I expect there will be quite a few changes in the months ahead as they are looking for a buyer.

joby_toss

#3 Post by joby_toss »

Yes, I understand that, but look at the dates! :)

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

joby_toss wrote:Yes, I understand that, but look at the dates! :)
Yes, that is pretty amusing. If you were using a non-standard Twitter interface, you couldn't logically agree to a change you're not aware of.