Site Suggestion: Publisher / Author / Country of Origin

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
bzl333

Site Suggestion: Publisher / Author / Country of Origin

#1 Post by bzl333 »

[Moderator note: this thread was split from its original home on the New designs for TPFC by tproli] thread.

---

fwiw (probably mentioned several times before by others) - i think TPFC should definitely put the name of the publisher/author in each program's listing. Myself i usually hover over the "website" link to see who it is but it would be nice way to show respect to the authors. (if there's not enough room maybe replace the word "website" on the link, with the name of the publisher?)

also, if they have more than one program in the TPFC database it would be good to be able to click on their name as a link and see their other programs - not really a must-have addition as it would mean more work but from a TPFC user perspective it would be a convenient addition and is also helpful if you're trying to check if that publisher's other apps have been updated on TPFC, etc.

btw, might also be interesting if you put the country of origin flag next to the publisher.

webfork

Re: Site Suggestion: Publisher / Author / Country of Origin

#2 Post by webfork »

I made a note to respond to this a while back but somehow it slipped past me ...
  • Publisher/Author - I wouldn't mind seeing an optional blank for that, given that for example Nirsoft and Skwire's reputation should propel their other work into the foreground. Definitely an optional add and only visible in the actual entry rather than on the summary article.
  • Country of Origin - The flags thing is a neat idea but probably not easy to implement. Also there's some question about how collaborative software projects here on the site have multiple nationalities.