Njutrino - secure browser [discontinued]

Discuss anything related to portable commercial apps here.
freakazoid

Njutrino - secure browser [discontinued]

#1 Post by freakazoid »

An integrated, portable, proxy over secure tunnel browser:
http://www.njutrino.com/

This one's a little weird. It costs $9.95 a month to use. (The subscription fee is for encrypting all traffic via SSH.)
There's a free 48-hour trial if anyone's interested.

Yeah, I know you could just use Tor instead!

Not sure what browser engine it uses as I did not test this app out.
is it stealth? ;)

webfork

Re: Njutrino

#2 Post by webfork »

freakazoid wrote:An integrated, portable, proxy over secure tunnel browser:
http://www.njutrino.com/
Yeah I can't tell what they're using for the browser code either. It does appear to offer probability components.
freakazoid wrote:This one's a little weird. It costs $9.95 a month to use. (The subscription fee is for encrypting all traffic via SSH.)
There's a free 48-hour trial if anyone's interested.

Yeah, I know you could just use Tor instead!
Tor is not very fast and not 100% anonymous/secure and Njutrino appears to rotate ports. I don't know if Njutrino is trustworthy, but in the absence of alternatives, it might be valuable.

I'd probably use Steganos VPN for real anonymity/security, but I don't think that's portable. Here's a bunch of other tools.

freakazoid

#3 Post by freakazoid »

webfork wrote:I'd probably use Steganos VPN for real anonymity/security, but I don't think that's portable.
You could use any VPN with a portable version of OpenVPN. I'd probably go with a VPN myself if I needed it.
is it stealth? ;)

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

freakazoid wrote:
webfork wrote:I'd probably use Steganos VPN for real anonymity/security, but I don't think that's portable.
You could use any VPN with a portable version of OpenVPN. I'd probably go with a VPN myself if I needed it.
Like this?

Njutrino

#5 Post by Njutrino »

Hi All

I am one of Njutrino's developers and came across this post.

Njutrino is based on Chromium, the same rendering engine used in Google Chrome and is primarily for those not technical enough to want to set up a VPN and who need a portable secure browser.

Njutrino routes all traffic (including DNS queries) over an SSH tunnel, so its very secure.

Any feedback on the product is very much welcome.

John