LibreOffice Portable spelling and grammar broken?

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
webfork

LibreOffice Portable spelling and grammar broken?

#1 Post by webfork »

Was interested in trying out LibreOffice 3.5.x because it listed inclusion of a grammar checking tool by default, which I was thrilled to hear.

So just upgraded, but spelling and grammar tools don't appear to be working. Testing LibreOffice Portable 3.5.0rc3. The Extension manager lists 2011.12.05 for the "English spelling dictionaries, hyphenation rules, thesaurus, and grammar checker".

Is anyone else having this issue?

joby_toss

Re: LibreOffice Portable spelling and grammar broken?

#2 Post by joby_toss »

Something must be wrong with LibreOffice itself, as X-LibreOffice has spelling broken, too.

Edit: disregard the above! I did clean installations for LibreOffice Portable and X-LibreOffice and spelling works. I'm jumping from English to Romanian and viceversa.
I installed the full versions and manually removed unwanted languages following this tutorial (adapted to the new paths):
http://server-support.co/blog/pc/trimmi ... -portable/

Now LibreOffice Portable is 243MB (it's upx compressed) and X-LibreOffice is 455MB.

Edit2: I am having problems with the experimental "Remove Extra Languages" option from LibreOffice Portable. It doesn't appear to do anything. I can't choose the languages to keep. I checked it and the installer finished without removing any language. Is it not working at all?
"extra_languages_removed.txt" file was created with the following content: "Extra templates, dictionaries and word completions have been removed. This method is experimental."