Gest - mouse gestures

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
zak_711

Gest - mouse gestures

#1 Post by zak_711 »

12/04/11
"Gest is a small, portable and free program which runs from the system tray. It adds mouse gesture support for Windows Explorer, like those that you see in modern web browsers. These allow you to perform simple tasks by holding down the right mouse button and drawing a few lines which are interpreted by the program which then sends commands to Explorer."

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7803192/bambi4/Gest.html (v1.0.0)

carbonize

Re: Gest 1.0.0

#2 Post by carbonize »

Is there no official site for this then?

JohnW

#3 Post by JohnW »

Didn't understand carbonize's comment as the URL displayed is clearly the official home site.

carbonize

#4 Post by carbonize »

Yeah I saw the Dropbox and didn't read the rest of the URL. Seems very strange to be hosting a site that way, wasn't even aware Dropbox allowed that.

zak_711

#5 Post by zak_711 »

PS:
It works with XP, Vista, 7.

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

carbonize wrote:Yeah I saw the Dropbox and didn't read the rest of the URL. Seems very strange to be hosting a site that way, wasn't even aware Dropbox allowed that.
I guess there's no reason they wouldn't, although they probably would have an issue if the page got really popular. I don't know their bandwidth policies.

zak_711

#7 Post by zak_711 »

Update, review and screenshots here:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS- ... Gest.shtml

webfork

#8 Post by webfork »

I am Baas

#9 Post by I am Baas »

Gest is @ V.3.0.0 (chanelog)

Basic version is free and full version gone payware.

http://www.bambi4.co.uk/programs/gest/gest.php

webfork

#10 Post by webfork »

"download the non-expiring 'Gest Basic' which has all the same features but only works for Windows Explorer."

... and not all the other applications the program supports otherwise.

In fairness, the full version is only $4.

bambi4

#11 Post by bambi4 »

Hi,
I just thought I should say that this is a nice way of seeing how my program has developed over time. The new version of Gest allows you to use mouse gestures in all these programs - if you aren't sure about purchasing the full version, the trial is for a full 60 days and you can decide then (sure, it's only $3.99 anyway - I hope you won't lose a night's sleep over it :D ). However, if you then decide the program isn't worth the money, you can stick with Gest Basic, which isn't really a 'basic' version at all. Gest Basic is simply the previous version of Gest before I added support for the other programs but it comes with all the same features.
Hope that helps,
Josh Bambrick (developer of Gest)

PS Yes, in the beginning I was looking for the cheapest possible way of setting up a website, so I took advantage of Dropbox's free web hosting abilities and set up my website there. I then decided that it would be worthwhile to set up hosting for the site, which is hopefully more professional and gave me a chance to practise server side programming languages. I am hoping the money made from sales will help make up for the cost of the hosting package.