List of best apps

Share interesting information or links related to portable apps here.
Lupo73

List of best apps

#1 Post by Lupo73 »

Some weeks ago I have decided to update part of my website to help users to easily find the most popular portable software of the Web. My lists are created also following software popularity on PFC and you are welcome to report me better alternatives or other advices. This is the new structure:

Main Apps Page
Where are linked the following pages.

Best Portable Apps
This is the list of portable software we have selected for you, that can be used separately as stand-alone apps or added to your collection.

Online Web Apps
This is a list of web applications available directly online, that you can consider to add as links in your Suite menu to customize your collection.

Portable Freeware
This is an external website that offers one of the best databases of portable software, that you can navigate to find and download additional applications.

Pen Drive Linux
This is an external website that offers several portable Linux distributions, that you can download and use from your pendrive in addition to our Suite.
Last edited by Lupo73 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

webfork

Re: List of best apps

#2 Post by webfork »

Thanks for the PFW link.

Suggestion:

In terms of good web usability / info design there are probably too many options on this page. I would figure out a way to put Additional Apps, Online Web Apps, Internal Database under the same heading and then create a sub-page for those. For most people, old, new, online, and additional don't mean anything -- its just more stuff to have and play with. Then "Online - requires internet connection", "Official / Unofficial" (we've tested -- its good versus we're not in control of this -- download at your own risk) is a good way to deal with the constant false positive problem

Lupo73

#3 Post by Lupo73 »

Thanks for the advice, I'll try to do something in future :wink:

Checker

#4 Post by Checker »

@ Lupo73: Very good page :!:
BTW: There are some nice games at your page, too :wink:

Lupo73

#5 Post by Lupo73 »

I'm making some tests, but I don't know how to integrate Included and Additional lists, given that classifications are different and in Included there are also online apps links (that instead I think is not a good idea to unify in a eventual global list). Solutions are welcome :mrgreen:

Lupo73

#6 Post by Lupo73 »

I have updated my lists as you recommended me..it looks fine :wink:

Do you like them? Now the list of portable apps is unified and collect the best apps listed in PFC too..

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

Lupo73 wrote:Do you like them? Now the list of portable apps is unified and collect the best apps listed in PFC too..
Yes, it looks very good. I would describe "old" as "no longer updated". The way it reads, it makes me think that its the old list of programs, not the list of old programs.