Extreme Windows streamlining...

Share interesting information or links related to portable apps here.
Midas

Extreme Windows streamlining...

#1 Post by Midas »

Quick post to record a couple of pointers I collected recently, in the spirit of the NTLite of olden...
[AtlasOS:] A beneficial, optimized version of Windows 1[X]. You will experience a clutter-free experience with many QoL fixes, improved frame rates, and lower latency.
tiny11builder: Scripts to build a trimmed-down Windows 11 image [...], similar to tiny11.

And a third party review of Tiny11Builder:
Free tool outputs a Windows 11 image that requires just 2GB of RAM.

webfork

Re: Extreme Windows streamlining...

#2 Post by webfork »

Midas wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:08 am AtlasOS
Very impressive. I'd love to see a listing of what exactly they did to get system services down THAT low. The site says it just covers Windows Defender and Restore Points & System Reset, but it's got to be more than that.

I wish I'd known about this program on my most recent install -- would definitely have given it a spin on an older machine with a quality videocard.

raavikant

#3 Post by raavikant »

This is really nice. These are some useful resources for optimizing and building trimmed-down versions of Windows 11. The AtlasOS offers a clutter-free experience with performance improvements, while tiny11builder provides scripts for creating a lightweight Windows 11 image. According to a third-party review, the Tiny11Builder tool can generate a Windows 11 image that requires only 2GB of RAM.

Midas

#4 Post by Midas »

Here's another recently found resource -- there seems to be hundreds of them ATM:
Rectify11 improves the consistency of Windows 11 by modifying system files in a safe way, and by using various programs to improve the Windows 11 experience.

Latest Rectify11 release is v3.0 RC2 from 2023-08-16: https://github.com/Rectify11/Installer/releases.