WAU Manager (system update utility)

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Midas

WAU Manager (system update utility)

#1 Post by Midas »

Quick post to submit an utility that recently helped me quite a bit while testing a new setup: WAU Manager by Carifred (author of our long known Ultra Adware Killer, SimplySync Backup, Recent File Seeker, and Quick Any2Ico, among other assorted freewares -- just check the homepage, under "Other Products"...).
WAU Manager (Windows Automatic Updates Manager) is a fully featured replacement for the built in Windows Updating interface. This tool gives you full control of the Windows Updates, such as when and how they are installed, and has full uninstall and maintenance support for Windows updates.

Given the circumstances and the system integration nature of this app, I haven't fully tested WAU Manager's portability -- something I may still do at a later time but, given its proven usefulness, I didn't want to forego this post.

Further word of warning: many Carifred.com utility are available as naked executables, which may make downloading difficult in restricted network environments. YMMV.

WAU Manager current release is v3.3.1.0 (no date, no changelog?) and can be downloaded from the link above.

webfork

Re: WAU Manager (system update utility)

#2 Post by webfork »

If I'd given it some thought, this is definitely something I would have asked for. A sane update manager for Windows. Great suggestion.

FileHandler

Re: WAU Manager (system update utility)

#3 Post by FileHandler »

Nice. Very useful. It also seems to work for Win 7. :)