EndItAll 2 - kill all processes except the ones you lock

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Baas

KillProcess

#16 Post by Baas »

KillProcess is an application assassin of the extreme kind. It can terminate almost any process on a Windows machine, including any service and process running in the system. Even protected Microsoft system processes can be terminated.
Main Features:
* Kill multiple processes, either by multi-select or by clever use of “kill lists” to “batch” terminate processes with a click of a button.
* Scan the running processes and kill them on sight

Download KillProcess 2.42 (single Executable, support portability, stealth)

Edit: Writes settings to Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data Sorry :oops:
Known limitations
Windows Vista Issues:
If UAC is enabled, KillProcess will try to be run as "Administrator" in order to get full access to all off the processes in the system (like system processes)
If UAC is enabled, KillProcess will not startup at logon since the product has not been digitally signed and requires Administrator priviledges.
KillProcess will replace the task manager if UAS is enabled and running in Administrator mode

General Limitations
KillProcess 2.xx ONLY works on an 32-bit Microsoft Windows OS 2000/XP/2003/Vista, other Microsoft Windows OS:es such as: 9x/Me/NT or any Linux distribution is not supported.
KillProcess 1.6.3 is an older release that works for NT 4.0 (legacy)
Processes that are being debugged with Microsoft Developer Studio (or similar product) cannot be terminated while inside of a breakpoint (like when stepping through the code).
16-bit applications run by wowexec.exe cannot be terminated directly. You will have to terminate the wowexec.exe process that houses the 16-bit application instead
KillProcess has not been tested and verified on 64-bit Windows platforms, but should work.

I am Baas

Re:

#17 Post by I am Baas »

Baas wrote:Task Killer is freeware, portable and stealth.
This process manager allows you to quickly terminate applications, processes, windows, to start/stop Windows services and etc.
Download and uniextract. You'd need TaskKiller.exe, tkunloader.exe and taskkiller.ini to run it (and maybe taskkiller help file too :D ).

Features overview:
  • Very fast and neat way to unload ("kill") freezed ("hanged") applications (tasks), processes or services. Shows tasks, windows and(or) services in popup menu.
    "Smart Kill" mode - is more safe mode to kill program than standard windows Task Manager.
    Applications memory usage control.
    Flexible settings.
    Global hotkeys.
    User firendly interface.
    Very low process usage and memory usage.
Moderator note: the website Baas was linking to has died and there's a ad page in its place. Tucows is hosting a mirror: http://www.tucows.com/preview/516579.
Task Killer V2.30 available from http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Lau ... ller.shtml

webfork

Re: SmartClose (avoid)

#18 Post by webfork »

Old thread update:

As part of my other thread on closing all programs, I did a bit of digging and found that SmartClose may not be a workable option for most users:
will not be able to retrieve the command-line arguments or working directory of 64-bit processes, nor will it be able to kill these processes.
Also it doesn't purport to work for systems above Win7 (source)

It does however work for me as I'm still on Win7x86 but that's not likely to last.

----

Edit:

SmartClose can be UniExtracted but the program is not portable. It writes a few things to HKLM\software\BM-productions. Also requires admin (as most programs of this type probably do). I might still end up using this just because it's clearly a very effective program.