Edge Blocker

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
klon

Edge Blocker

#1 Post by klon »

Microsoft edge is a new Browser, and it is hard to block it but sometimes you may want it to prevent to run for example if you don't want to Allow your kids to use Microsoft edge , you should block it but how ?
If your Windows verison is Windows 10 Home or Pro edition you can not use Applocker , here is the simple solution:
EDge Blocker is portable freeware to Block Microsoft Edge easily , just one click and Edge will be blocked

NOTE: if you use it under restricted user only restricted user EDGE will be blocked

What is new: (November 1, Friday 2019)

[ Added ] – Cmd parameter support (Use /? to see available parameters)
[ Added ] – Default Browser Shortcut
[ Added ] – 64 bit support
[ Added ] – Automatically closes Ms Edge if it is open during blocking process
[ Added ] – Some minor code improvements and Another block mechanism

https://www.sordum.org/9312/edge-blocker-v1-5/
Last edited by klon on Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:53 am, edited 6 times in total.

webfork

Re: Edge blocker v1.0

#2 Post by webfork »

Hang on: is this just your "Simple Run Blocker" but only blocking one program? I get that this helps with SEO by grabbing specific Google searches, but I'm not thrilled with software super-specialization of software like this. For example, Pazera has ~30 different programs for X format to Y format when you can just download them all in one program.

I get that you're giving both away for free and I appreciate that, but in terms of our database and forums, it's a lot easier to maintain just one program that can do it all.

klon

#3 Post by klon »

Microsoft Edge is a "trusted" UI App and a core part of the Windows 10 Operating System; it can't be removed , or blocked . Simple run blocker can not block EDGE , this is a high risk program therefore is a single blocker , this feature is only for Enterprise users and with one Microsoft update our program can't block EDGE , we will wait and see

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

klon wrote:Microsoft Edge is a "trusted" UI App and a core part of the Windows 10 Operating System; it can't be removed , or blocked . Simple run blocker can not block EDGE

Thanks for the clarification.

klon

#5 Post by klon »

Thank you webfork , if forum rules doesn't allow such single function programs we can not share similar programs no problem
Greetings

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

klon wrote:if forum rules doesn't allow such single function programs we can not share similar programs no problem
There's no policy on this point, I was just trying to avoid duplicate programs. It doesn't sound like that's the issue.

klon

#7 Post by klon »

Ok , Thanks again

JohnW

#8 Post by JohnW »

I'll have to expose my ignorance!

I don't have Windows 10 but I upgraded my wife's laptop to W10.
The default browser was Edge and this was not suitable for my wife's needs.
It was a trivial task to make IE the default and make Edge appear unavailable.
So why the need for Edge blocker?

klon

#9 Post by klon »

One of our followers has emailed us and asked a way to block Edge because his child use it in restricted Account , his Windows version was Windows 10 Home and he said that he tried all possibilities to block the EDGE but no luck , we coded this App for him and realized many people need it for example :
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 4b0?page=3
or
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... progeneral
or
http://www.cio.com/article/2995402/cons ... owser.html

Regards

klon

Edge Blocker v1.5

#10 Post by klon »

Edge Blocker v1.5 released

webfork

Re: Edge Blocker

#11 Post by webfork »

Ghacks highlighted this program today: https://www.ghacks.net/2019/11/07/edge- ... m-opening/

webfork

Re: Edge Blocker

#12 Post by webfork »

After a lot of frustrating, pointless, and inescapable prompts on my Win10 installation to use Edge, I decided to test this out. I'm sad to say this is necessary but I'm glad Sordum made this available.