Simplenote for Windows - Electron-based note sync

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
webfork

Simplenote for Windows - Electron-based note sync

#1 Post by webfork »

Many posts have discussed software that syncs with Simplenote (https://www.simplenote.com/), but as it turns out the program has it's own installation. I'm having some sync problems with ResophNotes and was frustrated the last time I tried AlephNote, so I decided to try out the official program.

The program appears to be Electron-based (as is common now with Web apps) and is a terrible resource hog, using ~180 megs disk space and 80 megs of RAM across two processes. A dedicated Firefox install that just runs Simplenote likely takes up fewer resources.

Steps: Uniextract didn't work so I ran the standard install, copy, uninstall route.

Status: not portable, writes to USER\AppData\Roaming\Simplenote.

Midas

Re: Simplenote for Windows

#2 Post by Midas »

I've been meaning to test that one like forever but never got around to do it. Now I'm glad I didn't, I have enough time wasters as it is. Thank you for testing, anyway. 8)

Midas

Re: Simplenote for Windows - Electron-based note sync

#3 Post by Midas »

Topic update: Simplenote v2.6.0 released 2021-02-08 (changelog and download at github.com/Automattic/simplenote-electron/releases/).

Simplenote React client packaged in Electron. Learn more about Simplenote at Simplenote.com.