PySolFC: 1048 solitaire games

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
garbanzo

PySolFC: 1048 solitaire games

#1 Post by garbanzo »

PySolFC is a solitaire collection with 1048 games. Written in Python, it's cross-platform and GPL.

There are games that use the 52 card International Pattern deck, games for the 78 card Tarot deck, eight and ten suit Ganjifa games, Hanafuda games, Matrix games, Mahjongg games, and games for an original hexadecimal-based deck.

I was able to extract the installer but got errors when trying to run it. I installed, moved, uninstalled, and it works fine. Tested with RegFromApp and didn't see anything. Still, confirmation of stealth is needed.

Very good presentation, simple graphics, highly customizable (cards, fonts, toolbars, colours, etc). Best solitaire pack I've found so far! Rules for each game are tucked away in the help system, but are not always helpful.

http://pysolfc.sourceforge.net/

Additionally, below are 69 new card sets for the game. It's a .deb package, but you can extract it with UniExtract to get inside. Then, open data.tar.gz with WinRar or similar, go to ./usr/share/games/pysol and extract all directories into PySol/Data/

http://packages.debian.org/stable/games/pysol-cardsets

Not all sets are worth keeping, and they take up a lot of space, so you might want to sort through them before installing. Also, the cards are just .gif images, so you can easily edit them to your liking, or even make your own sets.

Full install with ALL card sets comes in at around 60mb. If you remove all but your single favorite card set, it drops down to about 20.

Enjoy!

Kea

#2 Post by Kea »

Nothing in the Registry, but I installed, moved and uninstalled and it still writes to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\PySolFC.

webfork

Re: PySol Fan Club Edition (PySolFC)

#3 Post by webfork »

I tried a few different tricks without success.

Steps with Windows 7 (x86):

1. Download the setup file
2. Extract using Uniextract 2 and copy the contents of {app} to a folder of your choice
3. Add MSVCR100.dll to the setup folder (from https://www.portablefreeware.com/downloads/msvcr100.zip)
4. Launch pysol.exe

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

Supposedly Windows 10 included solitare program now shows advertisements, which is ... I don't even know where to begin. Anyway, I sent one of my friends the PySol Fan Club program and she was thrilled.

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

webfork wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:21 pm I sent one of my friends the PySol Fan Club program and she was thrilled.
So it turns out my friend plays this game every single day. Evidently it's part of her process to take a break in the middle of the day and play some cards. I know the programs I use day in and day out, but it was interesting to see work here really help someone out.

It's also changed my view of adding computer games to the database (to this point I've seen them as low priority).