Sejda PDF Desktop

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
Rudy5

Sejda PDF Desktop

#1 Post by Rudy5 »

Last edited by Rudy5 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

webfork

Re: Sejda PDF Desktop

#2 Post by webfork »

I'd never test out a PDF program with daily limits, which just seems insane to me, but I just read a very positive review of this the other day and admit it's probably more than adequate for most users. It has PDF editor functions not found elsewhere in the free realm.

https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-pdf-editors-4147622
Sejda PDF Editor is one of the very few PDF editors that actually lets you edit pre-existing text in the PDF without adding a watermark. Most editors only let you edit the text you add yourself, or they support text editing but then throw watermarks all over the place.

Plus, this tool can run entirely in your web browser, so it's easy to get going without having to download any programs. You can get the desktop version if you'd rather use it that way.

There are some differences between the online and desktop versions that you should know about. For example, the desktop edition supports more font types and doesn't let you add PDFs by URL or from online storage services as the online editor does (which supports Dropbox and Google Drive).
Note that two other editors mentioned in this list are already on the site: PDF XChange, Inkscape, and LibreOffice Draw are all great.

webfork

Re: Sejda

#3 Post by webfork »

I saw the initial post was deleted -- I hope what I replied didn't come off as a negative view of the program. I fully intend to test out Sejda, and may add it to the database. PDF tools are something I spend a lot of time on.