Need an image presenter software

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
palacs

Need an image presenter software

#1 Post by palacs »

I need a portable freeware that is capable of doing a manually controlled slideshow in the following way.
  • Displays thumbnails of images (that reside in a folder of choice). This is visible on the primary display.
  • Whenever an image is selected among the thumbnails, it will display that one on the secondary display (in full screen).
Scenario: I have a lots of images and I would like to do a slideshow while manually switching among these pictures (in random order of my choice).

No, programs like IrfanView are not ok. I need a single-click solution for changing the image and the full screen image must appear on the secondary display.

Anyone knows about something like this?

webfork

Re: Need an image presenter software

#2 Post by webfork »

You might be able to configure something with large thumbnails in a program like CubicExplorer or FileVoyager and setting up JPEGView to always open in the other monitor (see the DisplayMonitor=-1 setting in JPEGView.ini). This is not a single-click solution and I don't know how to force JPEGView to function in a single instance, meaning you're going to have lots of windows open.

billon

#3 Post by billon »

You can save slideshow as one standalone EXE in IrfanView or XnView (in IrfanView there even some settings to deal with multiple monitors). Or may be some JavaScript-based or even Flash-based slideshow compiled in to one executable? It's no problems with slidesows, any image viewer can do that, main problem with showing them on multiple monitors in a way you want. May be some settings in your graphics card? Or some specialized app for that?

FileHandler

#4 Post by FileHandler »

palacs wrote:I need a portable freeware that is capable of doing a manually controlled slideshow in the following way.
  • Displays thumbnails of images (that reside in a folder of choice). This is visible on the primary display.
  • Whenever an image is selected among the thumbnails, it will display that one on the secondary display (in full screen).
Scenario: I have a lots of images and I would like to do a slideshow while manually switching among these pictures (in random order of my choice).
Any portable file manager like XYplorer free for instance. It offers 3 sizes for the thumbs, and fullscreen or floating mode for the preview which stays in a separate window.
https://www.xyplorer.com/index.php

FastStone Image Viewer. Portable as well, configurable the same way, see screenshot.
http://faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm
2016-12-16_19_02.jpg
Unifie, another portable freeware. Set it up via Options > External tools where you put any external viewer of your choice.
http://www.vieas.com/en/software/unifie.html
2016-12-16_19_01.jpg
JPEGView as suggested by webfork. To make it single-instance and give it a "slideshow" - look, open Jpegview.ini in a text editor and browse to these lines:
SingleInstance=true
DisplayMonitor=1
ShowBottomPanel=false
ShowNavPanel=false
StoreToEXEPath=true

If by "slideshow" you mean transition effects and beat-based music, I have no suggestions.