DropIt

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
tproli

Re: DropIt

#586 Post by tproli »

I would welcome hotkey changes for special actions but I would recommend using only a modifier, so ctrl or alt or shift only. This would limit available key combos but alt+shift or ctrl+shift could also be used. I found it hard to use ctrl+key and dragging at the same time.

Btw, can these special actions used in command line?

Lupo73

#587 Post by Lupo73 »

OK, I'll temporarily change to Alt+Key, than I planned to improve these special actions in a future release.
At the moment they cannot be used in command line, but I have added it in my ToDo list.

Lupo73

#588 Post by Lupo73 »

This is a beta release of next version:
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... rtable.zip

Current changes:
- improved performance
- improved source code (thanks to guinness)
- improved support to copy associations between profiles
- changed hotkeys of special actions from Ctrl+Key to Alt+Key
- added support to shared files/folders with UNC paths (thanks to Michael)
- fixed minor bugs

UNC support needs some more tests and there are some other minor changes planned. Anyway this release may works fine, bug given the recoding of several functions, you could help me testing also common features to verify that they still work fine.. thanks!

Lupo73

#589 Post by Lupo73 »

Some of you reported me crashes during sorting process. They afflict current beta version and are caused by an issue in Copy library. It will be fixed in next beta version, that will includes also some other changes.

Lupo73

#590 Post by Lupo73 »

Second beta release of next version:
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... rtable.zip
http://www.lupopensuite.com/files/dropi ... Source.zip

It includes fixes of known bugs and some new features, in particular improved messages and a reorganized Options window with new "Lists" tab (thanks to tproli now DropIt allows to create lists with different themes!) :wink:

Lupo73

#591 Post by Lupo73 »

Stable version 3.8 released!

It includes a lot of improvements and new features: shared folders support (with UNC paths), HTML list themes (a great set of 10 themes by tproli!), Context Menu integration from Options (with Portable Mode available), support to duplicate associations in a profile (with the improved "Copy to") and various improvements to process messages (to easily stop process and to apply decisions to all items).
With this new version your experience with DropIt will be much better than before. :wink:

Lupo73

#592 Post by Lupo73 »

If automatic update does not work fine, manually update DropIt copying "Profiles" folder and "settings.ini" file from the previous release (or installing the last release). I'm working to improve update system in next version to avoid importing issues.

webfork

#593 Post by webfork »

Lupo73 wrote:It includes a lot of improvements and new features: shared folders support (with UNC paths)
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but is there any chance that the program will support FTP/SFTP in the future? Along the lines of DropUpload? For example, I have two FTP servers and I'd like to upload one type of files to one server (random file dump site), another group of archive files (zip, 7z, etc.) to a backup site.

I know there's a way to set up an FTP site to an external drive like NetDrive (freeware, FTP only) or ExpanDrive (commercial, supports SFTP), but I'd of course like something easy, open, portable, and of course manages the files intelligently the way DropIt does.

tproli

#594 Post by tproli »

I did not test it but I think it is possible using 3rd party apps like WinSCP, using the "Open with" feature of DropIt.
Simply create 2 (or more) associations and set your ftp application as the target, and add your servers to the commandline.

Here is a blog post about using "Open with" with command line:
Line Up With Command Line

Please report if this works or you have found a better solution, perhaps it is worth to make a new blog post.

Lupo73

#595 Post by Lupo73 »

FTP support is not planned for the near future, but it is included in ToDo list. It needs a complex section for configurations and I'm not really expert about it.
Anyway this and other features could be easily integrated with external tools, like described by tproli. For example if someone know a good, small and open source command-line tool for FTP support, we could consider to add it in a separated package. An idea could be to create a package with tools and relative DropIt profiles already configured for the use (ftp, upx, etc.)

webfork

#596 Post by webfork »

Lupo73 wrote:FTP support is not planned for the near future, but it is included in ToDo list.
Thanks Lupo and tproli.

kuihdez

#597 Post by kuihdez »

I have been a follower for this project for quite some time now and I've seen how powerful it can get.

I am trying to do the following with the program.

Sort TV Episodes and images.

I want the program to popup a list when i drop images to it that displays : -Art IMages- -Wallapapers- -ect-

I also would like the program, if possible, to display ALL subfolders from within a folder. I want him to display a list of all subfolders inside the images folder so that i can move my fils into.

That way, I don't have to resort and change the associations each time I change the folders inside the main folder.

For example I create an association for *.jpg and stick a move to action and the destination would be one of the subfolders of the MAIN image folder.

Is that possible with dropit ?

I am also trying to move all files up a directory.

I often get c:\rared\rarfilename\files

I would like to move them to c:\rared\files

Lupo73

#598 Post by Lupo73 »

If I correctly understand, you would like to associate a folder as destination and be able to manually select one of its subfolders where move files into.. currently it is not possible, but I could consider to implement it..

About the second request, try to use %ParentDir% environment variable and let me know if it is what you need..

tproli

#599 Post by tproli »

A new variable like %BrowseDir% would be handy in such situations. So there would be no need to hard-code the destination path but a folder browse dialog would pop up on each drop.

kuihdez

#600 Post by kuihdez »

Lupo73 wrote:If I correctly understand, you would like to associate a folder as destination and be able to manually select one of its subfolders where move files into.. currently it is not possible, but I could consider to implement it..

About the second request, try to use %ParentDir% environment variable and let me know if it is what you need..
Yes, that is exactly what I need.

Also, I have sometimes multiples destinations for a jpg. What I would like is to add two associations, both *.jpg, when i drag files into it, dropit will detect a conflict and will enable me to select which one i want.

Or maybe specify a list of folders to move the file to.

the %parentdir% does not work. When I select it, it copies to the same directory. Not one up.