fre:ac [CD ripper & audio encoder; formerly BonkEnc]

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
enzo

BonkEnc v1.0.13

#31 Post by enzo »

I just released BonkEnc v1.0.13.

This release adds multicore optimized encoders that should be much faster especially on quad core processors. Also comes with translation updates and some bug fixes.

Download it from bonkenc.org.

Best regards,
Robert

webfork

Re: BonkEnc v1.0.13

#32 Post by webfork »

Great stuff, thanks!

enzo

BonkEnc 1.0.14

#33 Post by enzo »

I released BonkEnc v1.0.14.

This release fixes a bug that caused the program to hang or crash on some Windows 7 systems. It also comes with significant speed optimizations and several other improvements.

Download it from bonkenc.org.

Best regards,
Robert

enzo

fre:ac v1.0.17 (used to be BonkEnc)

#34 Post by enzo »

I've changed the name of my BonkEnc project to fre:ac - free audio converter.

A new release (v1.0.17) is available from www.freac.org.

bassiliin

Re: fre:ac v1.0.17 (used to be BonkEnc)

#35 Post by bassiliin »

Would be nice if in program could be used relative paths (in "..\..\" style)

Btw, seems like bug is in. It creates files "Song.mp3.wav" and encodes to "Song.mp3 " and it won't delete .wav. No matter is Keep ripped Wave files selected or not.

edit: ok, deleting files depends on way to use folder for files. If I used ".\" which created files in root of drive, files were kept. But if I used browsing method for folder then it worked ok.

webfork

#36 Post by webfork »

enzo wrote:I've changed the name of my BonkEnc project to fre:ac - free audio converter.
Thanks for letting us know, but why the name change?

enzo

#37 Post by enzo »

BonkEnc originally was a frontend to the Bonk encoder, hence the name. But over time it has become much more than that and the Bonk format on the other hand is quite obsolete now. So I started thinking about a name change.

This will allow me to remove the Bonk encoder from the main distribution in the future (i.e. it will be an optional component in fre:ac v1.1). A BonkEnc without the Bonk encoder would have been a little silly...

webfork

#38 Post by webfork »

enzo wrote:This will allow me to remove the Bonk encoder from the main distribution in the future (i.e. it will be an optional component in fre:ac v1.1). A BonkEnc without the Bonk encoder would have been a little silly...
Oddly I had stopped associating the program with the BONK format already, so I guess that's why it wasn't obvious to me. Now the name change makes so much sense.

Additonally, thanks for your work on this program, its definitely my favorite of its kind. I'll update the PFWC entry on it soon.

enzo

fre:ac v1.0.17a (hotfix for MP3 decoder)

#39 Post by enzo »

I released a hotfix for the MP3 decoder in fre:ac v1.0.17. It fixes an issue with the original decoder skipping the first few seconds of MP3 files.

The patch is available via easyUpdate as well as at www.freac.org.

webfork

Re: fre:ac v1.0.17a (hotfix for MP3 decoder)

#40 Post by webfork »

enzo wrote:The patch is available via easyUpdate as well as at www.freac.org.
Couldn't find the 17a version on SF's site, but yes, the autoupdate does work fine.

Also, can fre:ac open quicktime-encoded m4a files? I'm having trouble opening one, and someone reported problems in the entry comments.

enzo

#41 Post by enzo »

The hotfix is here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bonkenc ... ac/1.0.17/

fre:ac should be able to open QuickTime encoded files as long as they are M4A-AAC files. There's also the Apple Lossless format (ALAC) and its extension is M4A as well. M4A-ALAC files can be opened with recent fre:ac v1.1 snapshots. A new one is sheduled for release today.

webfork

#42 Post by webfork »

enzo wrote:The hotfix is here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bonkenc ... ac/1.0.17/

fre:ac should be able to open QuickTime encoded files as long as they are M4A-AAC files. There's also the Apple Lossless format (ALAC) and its extension is M4A as well. M4A-ALAC files can be opened with recent fre:ac v1.1 snapshots. A new one is sheduled for release today.
Cool, thanks. Updating entry.

enzo

fre:ac v1.0.18

#43 Post by enzo »

fre:ac v1.0.18 is now available at http://www.freac.org.

It features gapless MP3 decoding support, improved support for CD-Text on sampler CDs and an updated Ogg Vorbis encoder (aoTuV beta 6.02). Also includes the usual translation updates and bug fixes.

SYSTEM

Re: fre:ac v1.0.18

#44 Post by SYSTEM »

Thank you. Entry updated.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

enzo

fre:ac v1.0.19

#45 Post by enzo »

I just released fre:ac v1.0.19. It comes with an updated Ogg Vorbis aoTuV encoder and fixes several bugs.

http://www.freac.org/