New at Skwire Empire

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
billon

Re: New at Skwire Empire

#46 Post by billon »

SCURLed
Easily batch edit Windows .LNK and .URL shortcut files.

webfork

#47 Post by webfork »

Very cool program. I know there are other system files besides LNK and URL that could use an easy-to-use batch editor like this... will keep my eye out.

skwire

#48 Post by skwire »

Hi, all. Thanks for posting this program. I was under a bit of a time crunch when writing this app and I didn't do a whole lot of testing with SCURLed. If you decide to try it out, please do so on copies of your LNK and URL files. Of course, if you do so, please let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Jody (Skwire)

webfork

#49 Post by webfork »

skwire wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:33 pm Thanks for posting this program.
Thanks for continuing to give away your work for free :)

webfork

#50 Post by webfork »

As donald noted, the epCheck program is no longer functioning. SKwire was contacted and it looks like the updates are some distance away. Anyone that could downvote or otherwise take this program offline would be appreciated: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2564

webfork

#51 Post by webfork »

skwire reached out to me on the Discord channel and let me know there's a program now available on the site:

sSpeedtest
At times in the past, I've had some upload issues with my home internet connection. To help show my ISP that the issue was with their peering, and not my equipment, I had written a quick'n'dirty script which ran speedtests to various Speedtest.net servers all over the world. sSpeedtest replaces that script, and is a Speedtest.net GUI application which allows you to build a list of Speedtest.net servers and easily run speedtests on all of them.
https://www.dcmembers.com/skwire/download/sspeedtest/