Unlocker - manage unmovable files

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
abc

Re: Unlocker 1.8.8 - might now be portable (has a zip downlo

#76 Post by abc »

[quote=Rant]I don't know how much it has improved but while back I installed it and found out that on Windows XP it requires me to enable debuging privileges to work on a limited account. for those that don't know, that basically defeats the whole purpose of using a limited account! Now I'm OK with certain apps that require installing or high privileges [Sandboxie, Truecrypt, etc] but for me to poke holes into my security for something I actually installed is just f&^%ing ridiculous. :evil: Also it pretty much didn't even work for when I really needed it. I had to boot into Linux and delete the files instead. :| [/quote]

donald

#77 Post by donald »

Just as an aside Eraser can delete on reboot for hard to delete files.

Ruby

#78 Post by Ruby »

Focuscar wrote:

Code: Select all

1 - HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root    (\LEGACY_UNLOCKERDRIVER5)
2 - HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services       (\UnlockerDriver5
From my knowledge,
- Normally the 'ControlSet\Enum\Root' is of no importance, written for driver & used by OS.
- The 'ControlSet\services' is what we should care about - services\DriverName has entry ImagePath & may contain subkey Parameters with entries to use for e.g; during initialization.

ControlSet\services\UnlockerDriver5 has an entry ImagePath "C:\..\UnlockerDriver5.sys", a path if incorrect will not allow Unlocker to run.

It seems that on Win7 x86, the 'Official Portable Unlocker 1.9.0' :
- creates 'services\UnlockerDriver5' on 1st run
- but then does not remove/correct the ImagePath value when run/closed
=> meaning it will not run anymore when moved to another location
I don't think the 'Official' properly removes the entry/reference, however the 'Unofficial' one from HERE does.

Download the 'Unlocker Portable 1.0.0.9 [Launcher Only]'
http://portableapps.com/node/12210

Follow the 'Setup Instructions'

For 64bit: Replace 'UnlockerHook.dll' with 'UnlockerInject32.exe'

HTH,

~Ruby

webfork

#79 Post by webfork »

Ruby wrote:Download the 'Unlocker Portable 1.0.0.9 [Launcher Only]'
I just tested this out again the other day and worked great on Win7x64. I'd like to take down the PA launcher as it's in still in beta and hasn't been updated in a very long time.

Midas

#80 Post by Midas »

webfork wrote:
Ruby wrote:Download the 'Unlocker Portable 1.0.0.9 [Launcher Only]'
I just tested this out again the other day and worked great on Win7x64. I'd like to take down the PA launcher as it's in still in beta and hasn't been updated in a very long time.
I'm confused: aren't you just referring to the launcher you're intent on taking down? :?

Also (and assuming the original poster is AWOL: last posted in 2010...), could you please amend the first post subject (maybe to 'Unlocker 1.x.x ...') so this topic can become the official one for Unlocker?

webfork

#81 Post by webfork »

Midas wrote: I'm confused: aren't you just referring to the launcher you're intent on taking down? :?
Yep
Midas wrote:Also (and assuming the original poster is AWOL: last posted in 2010...), could you please amend the first post subject (maybe to 'Unlocker 1.x.x ...') so this topic can become the official one for Unlocker?
All set

gavind

Re: Unlocker

#82 Post by gavind »

Does anyone have a version that works with Windows 8.1 here by any chance? Image