LibreOffice Portable now runs from paths with spaces

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
SYSTEM

Re: LibreOffice Portable now runs from paths with spaces

#31 Post by SYSTEM »

webfork wrote:
Danix wrote:... using energy and time to fight against projects that really (not "seem to") violates licenses and trademarks (such http://portableappz.------.com/). Why no problems at all about that?
I'm proud to say that I and members of this community have gone after the author of that site many times. Especially Ruby, who found out about his coglionate in a thread that's been deleted.
Martik is not the founder of PortableAppZ.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

webfork

#32 Post by webfork »

SYSTEM wrote:Martik is not the founder of PaZ.
I can't tell who did that site, but you're right -- it doesn't look like any of Martik's.

Danix

#33 Post by Danix »

JohnTHaller wrote:I'll be happy to take it up with SourceForge instead of you prefer I go that route. I thought you'd appreciate the ability to fix your violations of the GPL rather than receiving a second warning from SourceForge.
JohnTHaller wrote:I still don't understand why you won't just upload the source for all the apps you distribute as required.
JohnTHaller wrote:Since you think you don't need to distribute the source code for the apps you distribute, having SourceForge contact you again and remind you that you do would seem to be the only way to convince you.
Danix wrote:As I have said here http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... 1ed#p33290 and I hope sincerely it's the last time, I think what matters is to give access to the source code, on the same or another server or even through CVS or SVN. Among other things, the source code we are talking about, belongs to programs associated with the launchers for creating portable versions. Programs are included in portable versions in unmodified form, at least in winPenPack's portable software. So, I think it is unnecessary to provide the unmodified source code belonging to a program developed by others, especially if this code is already present on the same server (although every time we however add sources on SourceForge).
To put an end to the source code issue I opened a ticket at SourceForge.net. I suggest you all to read this topic.

webfork

#34 Post by webfork »

Edit: Ignore this post -- I just read the "what's new"
Should we add this to the official entry or is this tweak still considered experimental?

JohnTHaller

#35 Post by JohnTHaller »

webfork - LibreOffice still has very long paths within the app itself which will cause issues from deep paths for many users (like My Documents on XP). Is there some reason you removed that part of the entry?
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

webfork

#36 Post by webfork »

JohnTHaller wrote:webfork - LibreOffice still has very long paths within the app itself which will cause issues from deep paths for many users (like My Documents on XP). Is there some reason you removed that part of the entry?
Okay I'm very confused. The updated entry "what's new" bit says "LibreOffice Portable 3.4.4 adds support for paths with spaces and special characters." I thought that was the end of it. I guess not. I'll reinstate the previous verbiage.

JohnTHaller

#37 Post by JohnTHaller »

webfork wrote:Okay I'm very confused. The updated entry "what's new" bit says "LibreOffice Portable 3.4.4 adds support for paths with spaces and special characters." I thought that was the end of it. I guess not. I'll reinstate the previous verbiage.
You're correct, I forgot about it fixing that. Yes, it now works on long paths including from My Documents and Desktop. I've tested it up to 100 characters (before the LibreOfficePortable part) on both FAT32 and NTFS under Windows XP through 7 and it works correctly.
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality