Suggestions for new apps

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
Pyromaniac

Suggestions for new apps

#1 Post by Pyromaniac »

Hi!

I've been using this website for a long time to find apps to make into PortableApps.com Format. I only just decided to make an account here, though, and I wanted to suggest some (my) apps to add to your collection. I thought that on your website there'd be some kinda "Suggest an app" link, but after few minutes of searching, I just decided to post here, if that's alright with ya'll. I did notice, though, that nobody else posted stuffs like that, so I'm not sure this is the right place. Can somebody point me to the right location to suggest an app(s)? And perhaps add something like a "suggest an app" to the website?

Thankee very much.

Emka

Re: Suggestions for new apps

#2 Post by Emka »

You can post in the forum under "Portable Freeware Submission".

Pyromaniac

#3 Post by Pyromaniac »

O_O

How did I miss that?!

Thank you.

guinness

#4 Post by guinness »

Even better than suggesting you can now add to TPFC, have a look here http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... 974#p20974

freakazoid

#5 Post by freakazoid »

mohsin wrote:Hi I don't know if you have been following news or not but apparently just recently Microsoft announced that all versions of its IE have a flow and they are working on a patch, I know that if you visit certain facebook pages they know all about your computer (just like apache complete header but more of a IE based javascipt based detection), and that is always going to be the case with IE as it is very popular.

I do suggest to some serious programmer out there to develop a portable app that does not depend on Internet explorer and has the complete facebook and twitter funtionality in it, I mean I should be able to post/delete/comment on pages and their posts and do virtually everything possible with browser based version of Facebook. There is a humongous need for it.

thanks
Simple! Don't use IE :)
is it stealth? ;)

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

mohsin wrote:Hi I don't know if you have been following news or not but apparently just recently Microsoft announced that all versions of its IE have a flow and they are working on a patch
Although its improved quite a bit, Microsoft's browser has a long and exciting history with software bugs. I tend to disagree with users like freakazoid who say just dump IE because sometimes you're in a corporate situation where you can't get away from it. Still, if you're concerned about security, I have to agree: there's not much I've seen in the way of tweaks (e.g. sandboxing, security updates, or other precautions) that can keep you safe.
mohsin wrote:I do suggest to some serious programmer out there to develop a portable app that does not depend on Internet explorer and has the complete facebook and twitter funtionality in it, I mean I should be able to post/delete/comment on pages and their posts and do virtually everything possible with browser based version of Facebook.
I think that's the idea behind Rockmelt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RockMelt)

Pyromaniac

#7 Post by Pyromaniac »

webfork wrote:
mohsin wrote:Hi I don't know if you have been following news or not but apparently just recently Microsoft announced that all versions of its IE have a flow and they are working on a patch
Although its improved quite a bit, Microsoft's browser has a long and exciting history with software bugs. I tend to disagree with users like freakazoid who say just dump IE because sometimes you're in a corporate situation where you can't get away from it. Still, if you're concerned about security, I have to agree: there's not much I've seen in the way of tweaks (e.g. sandboxing, security updates, or other precautions) that can keep you safe.
mohsin wrote:I do suggest to some serious programmer out there to develop a portable app that does not depend on Internet explorer and has the complete facebook and twitter funtionality in it, I mean I should be able to post/delete/comment on pages and their posts and do virtually everything possible with browser based version of Facebook.
I think that's the idea behind Rockmelt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RockMelt)
Yeah, I'm planning on making that portable, as soon as I jump over a few hurdles...