StreamRecorder.NET

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
ohadsc

StreamRecorder.NET

#1 Post by ohadsc »

Intro
StreamRecorder.NET is a free, open source (.NET 3.5SP1) GUI front end for programs related to the capturing of streaming media.
I know .NET applications are a heated subject around here, so let the people have their say.
Note however that whether you like it or not, as far as Microsoft is concerned .NET is the future
(and in many ways the present - Vista comes with .NET 2.0 and 7 comes with .NET 3.5).

Motivation
As far as I know, the most robust, free solutions for recording streams of all types today are MPlayer and VLC.
Both require some command line arguments which, for many users, would be difficult to use (and find!).
In addition, they do not cater to all stream capturing needs.
Note: For IceCast/Shoutcast streams, StreamRipper is an excellent piece of software that is very much capture oriented,
still using it via StreamRipper has its advantages IMHO.

Features
  • Records, joins and post processes stream using the tools you choose - recommended defaults are supplied
  • Full Command Line Interface (CLI) for scheduling and automation
  • Keeps the recording process alive (restarting when necessary)
  • Time stamps file names to avoid overwrites
  • Logs programs output to file
  • MP3 and Windows Media easy presets
  • Complete Tool tip coverage explaining all functionality
  • Portable mode (run with the "-p" or "--portable" command line switch)
Requirements Note that all dependent tools can be chosen to be portable (say MPlayer, AsfBin, Mp3Wrap, VbrFix and id3 mass tagger)

Source and Binaries
http://sourceforge.net/projects/streamrecnet/

Homepage
http://ohadsc.wordpress.com/2010/03/26/ ... order-net/

Enjoy !

MiDoJo

Re: StreamRecorder.NET

#2 Post by MiDoJo »

SPAMMER!! reported

I am Baas

#3 Post by I am Baas »

MiDoJo wrote:SPAMMER!! reported
Why?

MiDoJo

#4 Post by MiDoJo »

B/c I was in a bad mood and not paying attention, I didn't see the line about portable so it looked to be one of the many adverspams
My apolo for the rash behavoir and I am sorry to the OP :(
Andrew Lee sorry, I retract my spamm notify

However
Requirements

Microsoft .NET 3.5SP1
A recording tool with command line interface (testesd with MPlayer , VLC, StreamRipper and RadioSure)
[Optional] Joining and post processing tools (tested with AsfBin, Mp3Wrap, VbrFix and id3 mass tagger)
Note that all dependent tools can be chosen to be portable (say MPlayer, AsfBin, Mp3Wrap, VbrFix and id3 mass tagger)
the requires .net part IMHO should still be forbidden for the site, as many still have xp

M@tty

#5 Post by M@tty »

MiDoJo wrote:the requires .net part IMHO should still be forbidden for the site, as many still have xp
I have to disagree, about 3.5 I agree but .NET Framework 2.0 is shipped as part of Windows XP SP3.

usdcs

#6 Post by usdcs »

Report deleted...

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

> in a bad mood and not paying attention, I didn't see the line about portable so it looked to be one of the many adverspams

Easy to do -- the spam has been coming in quite often.