StreamRecorder.NET is a free, open source (.NET 3.5SP1) GUI front end for programs related to the capturing of streaming media.
I know .NET applications are a heated subject around here, so let the people have their say.
Note however that whether you like it or not, as far as Microsoft is concerned .NET is the future
(and in many ways the present - Vista comes with .NET 2.0 and 7 comes with .NET 3.5). Motivation
As far as I know, the most robust, free solutions for recording streams of all types today are MPlayer
Both require some command line arguments which, for many users, would be difficult to use (and find!).
In addition, they do not cater to all stream capturing needs.
Note: For IceCast/Shoutcast streams, StreamRipper
is an excellent piece of software that is very much capture oriented,
still using it via StreamRipper has its advantages IMHO.Features
- Records, joins and post processes stream using the tools you choose - recommended defaults are supplied
- Full Command Line Interface (CLI) for scheduling and automation
- Keeps the recording process alive (restarting when necessary)
- Time stamps file names to avoid overwrites
- Logs programs output to file
- MP3 and Windows Media easy presets
- Complete Tool tip coverage explaining all functionality
- Portable mode (run with the "-p" or "--portable" command line switch)
Note that all dependent tools can be chosen to be portable (say MPlayer, AsfBin, Mp3Wrap, VbrFix and id3 mass tagger)Source and Binarieshttp://sourceforge.net/projects/streamrecnet/Homepagehttp://ohadsc.wordpress.com/2010/03/26/streamrecorder-net/
Author of StreamRecorder.NEThttp://sourceforge.net/projects/streamrecnet/