Any Portable Planner program?

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
chobo

Any Portable Planner program?

#1 Post by chobo »

Is their any portable planner programs that allow you to put on a certain events more then alarm.

Like all the programs I found is if I make say "appointment 1" I can only have 1 alarm say 1 day before.

I think that is kind of dumb that it will only alert you one time I would like a program that is portable and can handle mutliple alarms. So I can have it alert me 1 day before the appointment should happen and 4days before the appointment happen.

jennysoft3743

#2 Post by jennysoft3743 »

Maybe you can try Desktop Gather, which can set the alarm at anytime you want. You can also choose the frequency and the way of the alarm.

Napiophelios

#3 Post by Napiophelios »

You can try taskTome's new portable version
http://tasktome.shanemca.com/download.html

I used JPE on older versions in the past
but they proclaim it to portable on its own now. :D

It doesnt make any reg entries but older versions would leave an appdata folder with setting backups and such.

I will try this new one and let you know.

EDIT: yup its much smoother to open and work with now
and its portable :)

Onesimus Prime

#4 Post by Onesimus Prime »

There's something like a plugin for ToDoList at http://www.codeproject.com/KB/applicati ... rTool.aspx. It's called ToDoList Reminder Tool, and from the picture there, it looks like this might be possible (with an option for "Remind every ___ ___" - 30 minutes or whatever). I gotta admit I haven't tried it yet though.

But this is a very timely forum topic; somebody was just asking me yesterday for a planner with an audio alarm, and these look like some potential ones! I'll take a look sometime at the one Napiophelios suggested...

dot

#5 Post by dot »

I don't quite understand what kind of an automatic alarm feature you need. Taking your example, you can usually set, in a good reminder, an alarm to notify you 4 days before an event and then (more or less conveniently and quickly, depending on the program) manually pick the next date or rather the time intervall (e.g. 2 hours, days, etc. later), at which you want the alarm for the same date to go off again. For me, UK's Kalender still does that best. See the third screenshot on UK's Kalender screenshots link, where it says "Snooze". You pick the number from the drop down list, choose either "Minutes", "Hours", etc. for the next reminder and you are done. The program got still a lot more options for setting reminders that I mostly don't use. It's one of the few programs that I allow to start up automatically on my computer.

-.-

#6 Post by -.- »

i like rainlender... not exactly a planner but it has a todo list and alarm/notice