WinFindr 1.4 - A new way to search for files and registry data

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
jv16

WinFindr 1.4 - A new way to search for files and registry data

#1 Post by jv16 »

WinFindr is a free, lightweight data searching app for Windows. It can search for files, folders as well as registry data.

This is how it looks like:

Key features:
  • Search using multiple search terms at the same time, also with a support for negative search terms (i.e. if any of these search terms match, the hit is ignored)
  • Search with file masks (wildcards) and with regular expressions, all at the same time, too.
  • Searching for files based on their type, size and content. The content search supports text files, Microsoft Word, OpenOffice Writer files and text-based PDF files. Note: The searching within Microsoft Word and PDF files is an experimental feature and not every version of these file formats are yet supported.
  • Proximity search. For example, search for files whose name (or content) includes words “cute” and “cat” and they both exist at most 6 words apart.
  • Supports natural search options, such as ignoring special characters between words. For example, “cute cat” will match “cute-cat.jpg” and “cute_cat.png”. Also supports ignoring accented characters. For example, “cafe” search term will match “The best cafés in Braga.pdf”
  • Supports searching for files inside Zip and Rar archives.
  • Supports Dark Mode.
  • Has a single executable file portable version.
  • Comes with 29 translations builtin: Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
  • WinFindr is freeware, lightweight (under 2.5 MB) and easy to use. No bells and whistles, no nonsense.

For more screenshots and download: https://winfindr.com/

Please let me know if there is anything I can improve or change within the app to make it better for you.

Ennovy

Re: WinFindr 1.4 - A new way to search for files and registry data

#2 Post by Ennovy »

1. I did save a search and changed some settings and saved them, but where are they saved?
2. I would like to sort the results by date of the file
3. Agent Ransack has a preview window to check the contents of a file

Search is very fast and it's nice to be able to search the registry

EDIT
1. Settings and searches are saved in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\WinFindr\WinFindr.dat.
I moved the file to the application folder and the program uses this file from now on.
It does however make a new but empty folder in TEMP

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

jv16 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:22 am WinFindr
That looks amazing, thanks for posting. I'd seen other posts about this but missed the regular expressions and saved searches bits.

Ennovy

#4 Post by Ennovy »

Version 1.6 released nov 30, 2023: https://winfindr.com/#changelog
Now there also is a Pro version

WinFindr Free
Search with many terms.
Search inside Doc, Odt and Pdf files.
Search inside Zip and Rar files.
WinFindr Pro
All the features from WinFindr Free.
Command line parameters.
Dedicated technical support.
Happiness from supporting independent software maker.