Wise Registry Cleaner Portable

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

Wise Registry Cleaner Portable

#1 Post by webfork »

Another Wise tool, this time with a few interesting tweaks beyond just registry cleanup. What was interesting to me was the SSD optimizations under the "System Cleanup" tab, notably turning off prefetch, which may slow the system down a little but will overall extend the life. A lot of the other optimizations (including the registry cleaner) I can't speak to.

Anyone have any SSD-friendly optimizations they run or have an opinion about this program? Obviously if other features are worthwhile, we can certainly just add it to the database (it's in the submissions area after all).

If it's anything like the Wise Uninstaller and/or Disc Cleaner, it's probably natively portable, but I just tested the PortableApps version: http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/ ... r-portable.

I am Baas

Re: Wise Registry Cleaner Portable

#2 Post by I am Baas »

Website at http://www.wisecleaner.com/wiseregistrycleanerfree.html

Tested v8.12 portable

Requires admin rights

Displays ads (not sure how to disable that except for blocking it from making network connection)

\user\current\AppData\Roaming\Wise Registry Cleaner\Ad
2014-06-08_130726.png
Dl @ http://www.wisecleaner.com/soft/WRCFree.zip

I am Baas

#3 Post by I am Baas »

webfork wrote:I just tested the PortableApps version: http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/ ... r-portable.
The PortableApps version requires admin rights to run. It also displays the ads and is probably not stealth.

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

I am Baas wrote:also displays the ads
That's strange .. I didn't see those or I probably wouldnt' have posted about it.

I am Baas

#5 Post by I am Baas »

webfork wrote:
I am Baas wrote:also displays the ads
That's strange
Tested v8.21... displays ads.

Emka

#6 Post by Emka »

I tested it to see if it can find some crapware junk that came preinstalled but that I uninstalled. I saw the app offers system optimization, network speed-up among others. Since I sometimes get wifi connection problems (seems to be win10-related, no issue with any other system) that aroused my attention. However, I can't see what these options actually do, I can only check boxes. Has anyone else used Wise Registry Cleaner and knows how to find out?

joby_toss

#7 Post by joby_toss »

Just my 2c: use a registry cleaner just to see what "problems" it finds, but don't use it to "clean" the registry. Do the cleaning part manually, on a case by case basis, if you really want to.

@Emka: there's no such thing as "network speed-up tool" or "system optimization tool". Don't trust a tool to "fix" that kind of issues. Often enough, those tools don't even know what the issue is!
There are some network cards that have win 10 driver problems...

Emka

#8 Post by Emka »

joby_toss wrote:don't use it to "clean" the registry
Heaven forbid! Made that mistake when young and inexperienced...
joby_toss wrote:Don't trust a tool to "fix" that kind of issues
Again, heaven forbid! I once had a tool from a computer magazine that did all sorts of tuning stuff just like the infamous "Optimizer" apps. The good thing about it, however, was that it explained exactly what setting it changes and why, and how you could do it manually. That's why I was wondering.

Swedaniel

#9 Post by Swedaniel »

The tool work pretty good, tested from Windows 10 (64bit), there is an new portable version avalible, it come included with function to scan and clean the registry from for example unwanted entries by spywares, malwares, viruses. The system tuneup is included which allow to enable/disable some functions/features of windows such as "Disable Registry Modification from remote a remote computer" and many more, and allso an function to Defrag the registry..

Direct Download link v.11.1.2.717 (Portable), https://downloads.wisecleaner.com/soft/ ... .2.717.zip

It came up with an clean report from the VirusTotal scan!